Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Desperate cry for help – especially Whyte t129 owners but all welcome
  • scandal42
    Free Member

Evening all

Long shot but here goes.

Seems my mech hanger / dropout adjuster / frame might be **** 😥

The circled little adjuster in the pic stops the dropout insert spinning when you tighten the maxle and also pulls the mech hanger flush with the frame. Mine however won’t tighten, it just spins and as a result the maxle won’t tighten and the mech hanger isn’t pulling against the frame.

Can anyone tell me if the hole on the little adjuster has a thread and is is perfectly round as mine is thread less and slightly oval. Also is the hole in the frame threaded as this is bare also.

I can get a new adjuster and mech hanger if need be but I really need to know if the hole in the frame is supposed to be threaded as well, as if so it means it’s stripped 😐

I hope this makes an ounce of sense, was supposed to riding tomorrow and I have a trip to snowdon next weekend

loris
    Free Member

Just checked on mine and the frame isn’t threaded, you need a new hanger;

fathomer

Hope you can get one by the weekend 🙁

stevedoc
    Free Member

J E James have the parts in stock as ive just replaced all my re dropouts on my G150 , Make sure you check as they have two listed ,Sram and Shimano

No the frame isn’t threaded just the back side mount and screw

stevedoc
    Free Member
    scandal42
    Free Member

Massive thanks everyone, had those parts in basket waiting to buy. Might give the Rotherham branch a call in the morning, although I doubt they have this stuff in the shops.

This place really is ace sometimes, cheers loris

scandal42
    Free Member

As a side note, was the little stopper threaded?

Wonder if it was done up too tight?

stevedoc
    Free Member

Im sure they had the stuff in the Rotherham W/house as that’s where I rang ,and no the stopper isn’t threaded just the screw and rear mount

scandal42
    Free Member

legend,

Seems a bit of a weak spot actually, for saying it is only a tiny screw on a high load part.

Can you collect stuff from the Rotherham warehouse?

v9gss

Only holds the mech hanger in place. No real load through it.

You can’t collect from je James warehouse, just the stores.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Desperate cry for help – especially Whyte t129 owners but all welcome’ is closed to new replies.