Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • designing a frame:were to get hold of standards
  • london_lad_liam
    Free Member

hey all,

designing a frame,curious were to get the dimensions for some of the standards regarding like:
    rear disc mounts/spacing (IS and Post)
    press fit bbs
    chain guides
    headtubes

any help links much appreciated

liam

takisawa2

BSOnline but they aren’t cheap. If you know someone at uni they usually have a student account that gets you access to the entire catalogue. Local library might have access…?
    If they have adopted them then they should have the relevant EN & ISO standards. Google might have extracts from relevant standards.

london_lad_liam
    Free Member

many thanks ill look into this,im aware they not cheap.keep suggestions coming

STATO
    Free Member

PVDwiki has a lot of that sort of info, failing that the frame forum on mtbr has a lot of helpful members.

float
    Free Member

I’m currently looking at BS 6102:Part 6:1990, ISO 5775-2:1989 Cycles. Specification for bicycle rims

pretty interesting actually. email me and ill see what i can do 🙂

STATO
    Free Member
    london_lad_liam
    Free Member

this is very useful kinda info im looking for many thanks more suggestions welcome
    Float-ill drop you a mail

wors

Doesn’t everyone in the bike industry just make up there own standards? 😉

richmars

I’ve got a pdf of the front disc mount, pulled from the web a few years ago. Best place to look is manufacturers web sites. Also spend some time looking at patents; lots of good stuff there.

jameso

The Shimano tech book is very useful. For headset the fsa book is good. I don’t have a scanner but pm me and if you know what you’re after I can mail you a few page pics.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘designing a frame:were to get hold of standards’ is closed to new replies.