Viewing 4 posts - 41 through 44 (of 44 total)
  • designed for 26", fitted with 650b
  • Cheezpleez

A mate has just fitted 650bs to his C456 with a rigid fork. Loads of space in the frame and he likes it. They wouldn’t fit in a SID fork though, even with a small (2.1?) Crossmark

Northwind

So TBC, how did you get on with it?

legend – Member

Unless bigger wheels must use shorter cranks, the likelihood of a pedal strike won’t change one bit. A 14″ bb height is a 14″ bb height regardless of running clown wheels or not

Weeelll not quite. The tyres are effectively longer so take longer to roll onto/over/off an obstacle at the front, and start doing so earlier at the back. Imagine rolling off a step… When the “bottom” of the wheel is 6 inches off the step, the front end will be lower than if you repeat that situation with a 650B or 29er, so clearance will be less.

It’s a little like shortening the wheelbase, from that point of view- pedal/chainring clearance isn’t just about height.

kazafaza
    Free Member

Converted my Prophet yesterday, there’s enough clearance on the Fox forks and frame, although the front mech…makes me shiver, but I’ve decided to leave it on for now. I guess 1×9 or square taper/octalink is always an option!

Initial impressions: I think I was expecting “more” out of it, although it definitely climbs better(as in it has more traction), cornering – there’s only a bit more grip, raised BB doesn’t feel out of place and it’s only noticeable when you stop and try to reach the ground – dropper post please;), anyway the adjustable geo on Prophet lets you drop the bb ever so slightly(I had it in XC mode before).
    Hoping to do some more riding now and see if it’s here to stay or ride away…

kazafaza
    Free Member

Cheezpleez: SID will take 686mm tyre according to this, my Neo Moto 2.35 on Halo Vapour is 696mm.

Viewing 4 posts - 41 through 44 (of 44 total)

The topic ‘designed for 26", fitted with 650b’ is closed to new replies.