• This topic has 4 replies, 4 voices, and was last updated 8 years ago by Esme.
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Derbyshire/Nottinghamshire riders…
  • jasonm945
    Free Member

HI all,
    I have been MTBing for a fair old amount of time but have recently moved to the very edge of the white peak area and in looking for routes/cafe stops etc hit a brick wall.
    To say that Derbyshire is high up on most peoples must ride list we have very little info and even fewer MTB clubs and meets.
    To that end I have created a Facebook group to start compiling this sort of info, add routes onto etc.
    If you live in Derby/Notts please feel free to join us and let us know where it is you ride, stop for a decent coffee…

Linky

Thanks

Jay

MoreCashThanDash

I don’t do Faceache but I can’t see how you’d struggle to find routes or cafes round here, and I’m based in Ilkeston!

Might not be rocky gnar, but you can’t change basic topography.

jambalaya
    Free Member

There a good guide book for the White Peak, have a Google for it. My mate who Les there I’m seeing for a beer later so I’ll ask him the name of it. In my very limited experience it doesn’t ride well in the winter/when wet, had my wettest gloopiest ever ride in the White Peak. Dark Peak far better when wet if you choose the right routes.

alanl
    Free Member

Well, yes, go out any weekend in Matlock/Bakewell and surrounding areas and you’ll see the diffeent riders out – road and off road, and the bikes outside cafes.
    For a start, go to the Cromford area, loads of traisl in the area, hills if you want them, trails for novices etc, and cafes aplenty.

Esme
    Free Member

Just a cheeky ad, I suspect . . .

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘Derbyshire/Nottinghamshire riders…’ is closed to new replies.