Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Derbyshire riders. Crich chase best runs.
  • wrightyson
    Free Member

Been pootling these parts for years but still not really ventured into crich chase. Best access off the canal past whatstandwell? Off out in a bit so any pointers appreciated.

wobbliscott
    Free Member

I tend to enter from the road off the A6 opposite the Hurt Arms that takes you under the bridge. Ride up the road for a few mins, on your left there is an industrial facility with a passage way up the right hand side. If you follow that up it takes you right into the woods. Its a very direct route to the top so a bit of an uphill drag (well a lot) right at the start of the ride, but you can’t avoid that either way so at least it gets it over and done with quickly.

I normally exit around Whatstandwell and ride along the canal to head back to the Hurt arms to either go across to Shining Cliff Woods or for a pint at the Hurt Arms!

Once in the woods I normally to a few loops of the trail at the top of the woods, then there are a couple of cracking downhill trails taking you back down to the valley floor. A good technical area, I love it.

iain1775
    Free Member

From Whatstandwell up the road to Cowper Lane then in here –
    http://www.streetmap.co.uk/map.srf?x=434650&y=353365&z=120&sv=434650,353365&st=4&ar=y&mapp=map.srf&searchp=ids.srf&dn=589&ax=434650&ay=353365&lm=0
    ‘Belfast Sink’ one of the runs down is then on your right just after entering the woods. You will know your on the right path if you see a Belfast sink on the trial

gamerriley
    Free Member

A good loop is to do crich chase, on to shining cliff, then over to black rocks and drop back down to the canal for a leisurely ride back. There are so many variations to the riding here it’s just a case of exploring and finding your way.

iain1775
    Free Member

Or
    Crich
    Black rocks
    Starkholmes to Bow Wood
    Canal back

wrightyson
    Free Member

Yeah I know shiny and black rocks like t back of hand. I was riding black rocks 20 years ago on my falcon 😯 as I’m a wussa lad originally.
    Rode up from the gas works/national grid place then traversed a fair way. Ended up under the new res at crich. Beejeesus that’s a fair wall of muck, then rode downhill from there.

h4muf
    Free Member

I’m on the new res! big job!

I normally ride up Bull bridge,turn left half way up,up Chadwick Nick,past the quarry on the left,round the corner then left at the gate and down the footpath,

This one was a decent ride/route when the bracken was too high – probably more options available now…

Crich Chase & Shining Cliff

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Derbyshire riders. Crich chase best runs.’ is closed to new replies.