Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Derby Road circuit and MTB Skills course, planning support needed
  • iain1775
    Free Member

https://eplanning.derby.gov.uk/acolnet/planningpages02/acolnetcgi.gov?ACTION=UNWRAP&RIPNAME=Root.PgeResultDetail&TheSystemkey=95694

Planning app is currently in (link above) and coming under some strong, organised opposition from bird and nature groups as it skirts round the edge of a local nature reserve (which happens to be on a business / industrial park, next to the football stadium,park and ride site, near a busy road and railway, so not really that peaceful at the moment not to mention being an old toxic waste dump)

Some support from any local (or non ocal that may travel to the velodrome) cyclists may be helpful,
    it will be located next to the Velodrome that’s being built so will provide (along with the National Level BMX track 5 mins ride along the river in Alvaston Park and the BMX/Skate Park 5 mins the other way on Bass Rec)) a facility for safe track, road, MTB and BMX cycling in the middle of the city not to mention somewhere for cycle tuition for the kids

The bird issue is disappointing but across the river is a similar area, only a small part of the reserve will be used and I cant imagine any long lasting effects if the reserve has blossomed so well under current circumstances, surrounded by noise and human interaction

Planning app 12/13/01465 if above link doesn’t go directly there

Comment form here (hopefully) – https://eplanning.derby.gov.uk/acolnet/planningpages02/AcolNetCGI.gov?ACTION=UNWRAP&RIPSESSION=%7B%5B%2A%21273221372128243C2A3D312079202E623B3B37363D3D352B2238373C7977747876677E170D1E0F0F02166F172B21356B7D160222210D2E2322363C310A2B282927313D3036082E3C227F072B2D3F342B1B322022213A080A72616070707C7678797660017562122B3C203B2A2A070573786A6575767873777B6060%21%2A%5D%7D

alcolepone
    Free Member

posted support for this.
    p.s. what would the mtb skills course be? seems a little strange to have a skills course but no trail to use the skills on? would love a decent pump track aswell/ instead.

ruffride
    Free Member

What sort of corse are you going to do as

jedimaster
    Free Member

that looks great!

iain1775
    Free Member

Alcolepone
    I dunno all I know is what I can see on te planning app but looking at the site plan the MtB bit looks like a short loop with berms, jumps etc there is also another smaller loop looks like it could be a pump track
    I imagine its more a facility for teaching groups basic skills rather than anything too technical but even that would be great in my opinion if I can take the daughter down and ride in a safe environment
    I don’t think it was on the original plans, just the road course so nice to see it now added

If your local have you seen the new pump track that’s been built in Osmaston Park?
    (Behind the police station)
    Pics and vid on the Cycle Derby Facebook page, looks pretty good,

rumbledethumps
    Free Member

Tell you what though, the Velodrome is looking superb!

alcolepone
    Free Member

not seen that osmaston park track, will check that out, cheers

the MTB skill track sounds better the way you describe it

Crell
    Free Member

Signed.

The new pump track in Osmaston park looks brilliant.

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0aDcfF1cNXw[/video]

ruffride
    Free Member

That looks sweet have to get down to that

ruffride
    Free Member

That was just waste land aswell

wobbliscott
    Free Member

Is the pump track on ossy park brand new? Last time I went through there was about Octoberish and there was a scruffy track with a few bumps but not what I would describe as a pump track. I think there would be a bit of pedalling needed between the bumps. Has this been rebuilt recently?

iain1775
    Free Member

Wobbliscott
    Yes above vid was filmed last week, I don’t think it’s officially open yet

wobbliscott
    Free Member

Sorry Iain, hadn’t seen the link. WOW! That looks brill! Going to have to get me a BMX or Accelerate my plans for a hardtail and hit that during my lunch breaks.

iain1775
    Free Member

Bump for the back at work desk surfing brigade

fr0sty125
    Free Member

I can’t believe I missed this!

The consultation period is finished but it will be really important to continue to lobby the council over this.

One of the best ways to do this is to send this guy a message.

https://www.writetothem.com/write?who=34312&pc=DE1+3BH

This project really needs the support of the cycling community to go ahead.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

The topic ‘Derby Road circuit and MTB Skills course, planning support needed’ is closed to new replies.