• This topic has 42 replies, 24 voices, and was last updated 7 years ago by kabih.
Viewing 3 posts - 41 through 43 (of 43 total)
  • Depression and work issues advice/vent/ramble
  • Sandwich

Acas guide of best practice so is advisory not legally binding.

I think it’s an approved code of practice. If your employer doesn’t use it then they have to demonstrate that what they are doing is as good as, or better than the advice. This demonstration would be at the tribunal hearing.

tjagain

Join a union! this is what they are for altho its a bit late now in that unions don’t like folk joining after the troubles have started but you will probably get advice of one and representation from a local rep but not access to the services that cost a union

Your employer is acting unreasonably and possibly illegally depending on what they do next.

I would set and wait for them to compound their errors then when the sacking comes as looks inevitable, tell them you will be taking them to tribunal for unfair dismissal, watch them panic ad accept the compromise agreement they will offer – basically “take this money to shut up and go away” I don’t know how long you have been there but I would be asking for a years wages and maybe settle for 6 months

kabih
    Free Member

Not sure if sacking is on the cards.

I’m beginning to think that compromise may be the best option.

However having a family and mortgage muddy the water somewhat.

I think I may have an informal chat regarding the issues with policies and sit it out until the 2 months is up. Which is approximately 2 weeks away.

Whilst also looking elsewhere.

Viewing 3 posts - 41 through 43 (of 43 total)

The topic ‘Depression and work issues advice/vent/ramble’ is closed to new replies.