• This topic has 44 replies, 30 voices, and was last updated 8 years ago by yunki.
Viewing 5 posts - 41 through 45 (of 45 total)
  • Depression advice (yes, another one i'm afraid)
  • funkmasterp

Sorry can’t get quote to work on the phone.

Chip, I am currently taking Citalopram and had a hideous time for the first six or seven weeks .Mainly serious nausea. The tablets are working to a degree, but I have developed bruxism, insomnia and do feel disconnect a lot of the time .

On the plus side I can now look in the mirror ,don’t have as many mood swings and don’t burst in to tears for no apparent reason .

It’s been about eight months now and I am slowly starting to feel like myself again.

OP – as others have already said exercise can really help .I find running, cycling and weight / suspension training really heightened my mood .Unfortunately I have a 16 month old baby with issues resulting in no time for exercise and it has made things much harder.

Good luck to everyone suffering. Do what it takes to keep that black dog at bay.

vickypea
    Free Member

Chip- I’ve taken fluoxetine, citalopram, escitalopram and a few others. From my experience, if you’re not feeling right after 6 weeks, it’s probably time to speak to the GP. I felt anxious for a month when I started citalopram but that settled down. Unfortunately it worsened my migraine too.
    I had a bad experience with mirtazipine- I took one tablet of the lowest dose and was virtually in a coma for 48 hours. It’s also well known for increasing your appetite.

Interesting how AD’s make some people feel numb. Fluoxetine made me feel utterly fantastic, loads of energy, really hyper!

Although I recommend exercise, I have reached particularly bad lows where I totally run out of energy and can’t stop sleeping- that happens at the start of autumn sometimes.

chip
    Free Member

Thanks for the replies and sorry for the hijack.
    The evenings I feel almost myself some days. it’s the mornings that are really bad.

monkeychild
    Free Member

Thread resurrection. It appears that I have been wearing a mask for quite a few years. My coping mechanism has gone pop and I’ve been diagnosed with severe anxiety and depression. I’m being assigned counselling and have been pointed towards moodgym (It seems good). I think the fact that I’m injured and haven’t been able to ride or exercise for a few months, has made it more apparent. Maybe this is a good thing? As at least I’m doing something about it. All I know is, that feeling like this sucks! I’m a “there’s always someone worse off than me” kind of person,and I should be grateful; but at the moment I am struggling to do that.

This felt a bit liberating.

yunki
    Free Member

A change is as good as a rest..

Change your path

Viewing 5 posts - 41 through 45 (of 45 total)

The topic ‘Depression advice (yes, another one i'm afraid)’ is closed to new replies.