Viewing 11 posts - 41 through 51 (of 51 total)
  • Depression
  • joefm

You shouldn’t underestimate the impact grief can have.
    let us know how the appointment goes.

neilwheel
    Free Member

Well done, first step is the biggest. Just try to take small steps, not try to fix everything, all at once. Do nice things for yourself every day, enjoy the weekend.

funkmasterp

Great news OP and enjoy the weekend with your kids

thecraw
    Free Member

Evening all,

Just thought I’d post a quick update. Despite bricking it before going to the Docs, he was actually quite good and dealt with it all quite matter of factly. I guess they are used to it. I came away with a prescription for Sertraline. I’ll see how they go.

In fairness, and as a father of an 8 year old girl, last night’s tragic events have also given me a huge sense of perspective. Absolutely tragic.

svladcjelli
    Free Member

Good work on going to the doc. It was something I only just plucked up the courage to do last week. Also prescribed sertaline. Since then I’ve also sorted going along for some CBT next month.

Is early days, already have a few of the common side effects of the medication, but we’ve got to try everything, don’t we?

funkmasterp

Glad you went through with the appointment OP. The tablets will take a while to kick in, but hopefully they work for you. I’ve been on Citalopram for a couple of years now and they help to keep me on an even keel.

SaxonRider

Hey OP. Where are you located?

rustler
    Free Member

Glad your starting getting sorted Op.
    It’s like climbing a mountain at first.
    Good speed to you.

Not posted under this pseudonym for a while.
    But here goes..

I’m not in a great place. Bikes are no help. Work is crap, no drive to do anything but sit & mull. Used to be that work or home, in any order, would balance out the other when one was crap. Feel like I’m watching myself, slowly sinking. When I was depressed before it was like a fog, triggered by discovering a partner was cheating then her walking out. Slowly, very slowly at first, the fog cleared. Half a day at a time. It’s like that in reverse at the moment, This time of year I’m normally full of beans. Christ, I’ve a Wife, two kids, a well paid decent job with plenty of responsibility, hell we’ve even got a dog. I should be up there, living the life. Instead I’m wondering how things would run without me. Head is full to bursting but can’t talk to anyone. Health isn’t great, quite overweight, out of breath a lot. All I want to do is curl up & cry. How the hell do I even start to unravel this one.

grum
    Free Member

Good luck OP. I’m about 3 weeks in to a.course of Sertraline – starting to help I think. You defo also need some talking therapy to process what you’ve been through though IMHO.

I’ve been recommended to try the charity MIND – not done it yet though.

It is really worth trying a few therapists if you can – different approaches work better for different people at different times.

thecraw
    Free Member

@rustler. Please don’t think you are alone buddy. I’m struggling my way through this.
    I spent a weekend with my kids loving them to bits but feeling detached from them.
    If you want to offload, please give me a shout. Life is hard. I picked up my local paper last night to be greeted with a picture of my dad.
    Email is available to you.

Steve

beaker

Wishing the op all the best along with Rustler. If you are anywhere near Warminster I’d be chuffed to get out for a pedal and brew. Email in profile.

Viewing 11 posts - 41 through 51 (of 51 total)

The topic ‘Depression’ is closed to new replies.