Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • *Depressing content* – CIA testing on RAF bods?
  • nukeproofriding
    Free Member

If you’re having a bad day, don’t read or watch this, but I just wander what peoples thoughts are.

_
    _
    _
    _
    _
    _

I certainly never trusted anything the CIA have said or done – but what is this bs?

http://www.natgeoeducationvideo.com/film/781/undercover-history-cia-secret-experiments

It would appear they tricked numerous RAF guys into thinking they were testing cures for the common cold – but were actually testing chemical weapons on them.

Are we supposed to ignore this sort of thing? Have they ever apologised for it? I struggle to see how a relationship of any sort can exist when this sort of thing has happened. How could Britain/the American government let this happen?

What does everyone think about this? :/ was truly gut wrenching for me to watch as our family has never not had someone in the RAF at one point or another.

igrf
    Free Member

If ever you get to go to Cuba, go and visit their Museum of the revolution, see what the CIA were doing to them in the 60’s then everyone wondered why missiles got installed and the world stood on the brink of Nuclear destruction.

somafunk

Yep, the CIA are definitely not the good guys in any way shape or form, despicable agency set up by a paranoid government of the time that has made the world more unstable due to it’s continuous meddling in other countries affairs.

br
    Free Member

Yep, the CIA are definitely not the good guys in any way shape or form, despicable agency set up by a paranoid government of the time that has made the world more unstable due to it’s continuous meddling in other countries affairs.

and if you’ve ever worked in the US with any senior American managers, you’ll see its a cultural trait…

kcr
    Free Member

How about all the UK servicemen deliberately exposed to radiation during nuclear weapon testing, or the servicemen exposed to nerve gas at Porton Down?
    The UK armed forces weren’t shy about using their own servicemen as guinea pigs, so I doubt they will be chasing up the CIA anytime soon.

bikeind
    Free Member

How about all the UK servicemen deliberately exposed to radiation during nuclear weapon testing, or the servicemen exposed to nerve gas at Porton Down?
    The UK armed forces weren’t shy about using their own servicemen as guinea pigs, so I doubt they will be chasing up the CIA anytime soon

+1

nukeproofriding
    Free Member

Disgusting, I know.

Moses

The experiments at Porton weren’t diguised, however.
    The servicement were told what they’d be exposed to, not duped by tales of “cold cures”

** Having talked to people who’ve read the medical records kept, when I was at Porton

saladdodger
    Free Member

The UK armed forces weren’t shy about using their own servicemen as guinea pigs,

I am ex RAF and in the 80’s they asked for volunteers at Porton Down for this very reason and I knew of people who did volunteer because they were offered extra money per test they got envolved in 🙄

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘*Depressing content* – CIA testing on RAF bods?’ is closed to new replies.