• This topic has 45 replies, 29 voices, and was last updated 9 years ago by D0NK.
Viewing 6 posts - 41 through 46 (of 46 total)
  • Deore? SLX? XT? XTR?
  • marko75
    Free Member

is it still only xt and xtr cassetes that you can run with a 40/42t cog? but all deraileurs can work?

AlexSimon

I’d be quite happy with SLX, but the price difference aftermarket at CRC/Merlin/German sites is so small (£70 on a full brake groupset), it makes XT a no-brainer personally.
    XT also has a cassette that’s easier to add a range-extender to.
    SLX rear mech looks better though 😉

The only bit of XT I find disappointing these days is the shifter. I used to love their 9-speed ones (especially Rapid Rise).
    So I’m looking at either Saint or XTR for that bit.

There’s also a difference in feel between the SLX/XT brakes and the Zee, so that comes down to weight vs modulation.

AlexSimon

marko75 – Member

is it still only xt and xtr cassetes that you can run with a 40/42t cog? but all deraileurs can work?
    Without getting the hacksaw out, yes. SLX also results in more individual cogs which can leave notches in soft freehub bodies.

D0NK

You know 11spd XTR is mostly available now?

any inkling of when deore/slx/xt 11spd will be out?

And do we know if any of the 11spd stuff is compatible with 10?
    IIRC with 7/8/9 you just needed matching cassette and shifter the rest you could mix up, with 10spd the rear mechs changed.

njee20
    Free Member

any inkling of when deore/slx/xt 11spd will be out?

Not been announced, previously with 9 and 10 speed they released all 4 groupsets in one go, whilst the road has been an annual trickle down. To that end, assume another year before XT, and possibly longer for SLX/Deore.

And do we know if any of the 11spd stuff is compatible with 10?

It isn’t.

D0NK

It isn’t.

predictably 🙄

Viewing 6 posts - 41 through 46 (of 46 total)

The topic ‘Deore? SLX? XT? XTR?’ is closed to new replies.