Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • deore hubs vs slx ?
  • Jamesy
    Free Member

is there much difference between the 2 hubs ?

cynic-al
    Free Member

lx always marked the threshold for lip-seals, so I presume slx would have them too – well worth the difference IMO.

Jamesy
    Free Member

if that's the case then I agree , I've had older deores hubs before and the sealings allways been poor

Jamesy
    Free Member

can anyone confirm the sealing is better on the slx ? cheers

Jamesy
    Free Member

any one ? Ta

Jamesy
    Free Member

quick need to put my order in at merlin 🙂

mushrooms
    Free Member

Very poor seals on deore hubs, not water tight at all.

Jamesy
    Free Member

but are the slx any better, agreed on the deore had two sets and both have suffered from poor sealing, they were full of mud and crap after 6 months of riding

tron
    Free Member

Nah, Shimano just flick a switch and the printer stops stamping out "Deore" and starts stamping out SLX.

Of course SLX are going to be better…

Jamesy
    Free Member

I see where your coming from trim , but it would be cool to find out exactly what the differences are between the 2

househusband

You can view exploded diagrams for each on the Shimano website; that'll identify seals and differences between them.

sv

Yep have a look at the tech docs on Shimano. Sealing and bearing coating should be the main differences.

EccentricEllis

Deore's are great but do require a lot of rebuilding because the drive side seal is especially shite.

Go SLX, It's always worth getting the best hubs you can get. THEY TAKE ABUSE!!

Especially if you're one for jet washing.

Keep it real.
    Ellis.

Jamesy
    Free Member

slx do have better sealing , ordered, cheers lads

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

The topic ‘deore hubs vs slx ?’ is closed to new replies.