Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Deore brakes cheap on Merlin ? Any good lads ? Or brake hose options/discussion
  • weeksy

http://www.merlincycles.com/bike-shop/mtb-parts/brakes/disc-brakes/shimano-disc-brakes/shimano-deore-disc-brake-sale.html

How do you rate these lads ?

As some may have seen on anohter thread, my Formula rear is too short… well, it’s almost brand new and my neighbour will give me £50 for it… So i could buy a pair of Shimanos off here for only £15 more.. i’m sure i could sell my other K18 front for more than £15 lol.

Any good or stay away ?

Option 2 is to buy some hose, connectors and bleed the Formula with a new hose… but seems to come in at more money ? £35 i guess.

scud
    Free Member

I’ve the new XT brakes on one bike and these on my winter SS bike and they are great, real stopping power.

Am i reading that right though, calliper and brake lever are brought seperately??

if so, some of the german bike sites, bike-discount.de and Rose Bikes etc were doing them for £35-38 for complete brake (but you’d have to swap the leves over as they have right side rear, left side front)

chakaping
    Free Member

They’re OK for pootling about but the set I had faded badly on some steeper stuff in the Lakes.

Would this be any use?

weeksy

Depends on length Chak, i need 165mm hose length so would have to ask.

chakaping
    Free Member

Hose is uncut from new, so 165cm

weeksy

i’m a plum… LOL i thought your link was just a random link….

See your messages on PB.. but yeah, i’ll have it mate.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Deore brakes cheap on Merlin ? Any good lads ? Or brake hose options/discussion’ is closed to new replies.