Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Dentists in Southampton
  • noteeth
    Free Member

Despite my login, I do need to re-register with the gob docs.

Any recommendations?

(Whether taking NHS lists, or otherwise…)

Ta muchly.

uplink
    Free Member

Ring the local PCT & ask them for a list of practices taking NHS at the moment
    All the info will probably be online somewhere too

40mpg

0845 050 8345 but expect to wait in a queue even before you get to the dentists!

I'm in the same boat following an emergency appointment dealt with last week (didnt register when I moved house a few years ago). Some of the NHS ones insist you turn up at a certain time/day to register (another queue). I had been after NHS as a matter of principal – I pay shed loads of tax after all, but guess i'll have to my wallet drilled as well as my teeth 🙁

Let us know how you go, and good luck!

JulianA
    Free Member

Don't know about Southampton itself, but avoid the Fryern Dental Practice in Chandler's Ford – dentist is all right but the receptionists were dreadful. Got a letter from them saying I owed them £20 for missing an appointment that was for the following week!

If you can get to Winchester the Parchment Street Practice is excellent – really nice people, nice premises and incredibly accommodating. Private, but you get what you pay for, and to be honest I don't think they are any more expensive than going NHS – they certainly don't sell you anything more expensive than you need, and don't force you to go for a check-up every six months to stay on their books.

noteeth
    Free Member

but you get what you pay for

Indeed. The, er, general decay of NHS dentistry is pretty depressing.

Am resigned to joining Denplan, etc.

scaredypants

Chris Barratt – Beauchamp practice in Romsey. He's a nice bloke, seems a good dentist. Private only, no idea how "reasonable" the prices are 🙁

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Dentists in Southampton’ is closed to new replies.