Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • dentists
  • trail_rat
    Free Member

Not registered in aberdeen

Cant get a day out of my training structure for work to get to my dentist at home.

Anything i can do ? i believe aberdeen dentists to be full to nhs patients – what am i likely to pay private for a filling or a tooth removal?

one of my rear teeth has had a large chunk come out – no sharp edges and no pain but it needs fixing sooner rather than later.

carlosg
    Free Member

Round here a filling privately is about £95. wouldn't even like to think what an extraction would cost.
    Luckily I found an NHS one 8 months ago.

maybe try here. http://www.abdn.ac.uk/medicine-dentistry/new-site.php

trail_rat
    Free Member

well that can **** off – it can fall out of its own accord at that price …. and ill go to my nhs when my training is finished

carlosg
    Free Member

Maybe try to contact the people in the link I put up.

The dentistry school in Leeds does emergency treatments and takes some patients on if they need loads of treatment (i.e. fill up a students required work)

Bunnyhop

It was £80 for my first consultation at a new dentist 3 years ago now. It included a very quick check up and a full xray (on one of those machines).
    £60 per filling.
    £90 for an extraction.
    This is all with a 20% discount for being in a BUPA type policy.

He now wants £18 per 10 minutes for the hygenist, I have no option here as I have chronic gum disease. That's also the reason I go privately.
    It takes me 3 hours to earn that……grumble, grumble.

johnnyc

trail_rat,
    If its not hurting you can put a temporary filling in yourself until you have time to get to your own dentist. Get the temporary filling kit from Boots, called Dentek, costs about a fiver. Did that myself when a lump fell out of one of my molars and i couldn't get an appointment. Stuff is like putty, sets solid in a few minutes. Wears after a time, but does as a stopgap until you can get back home.

jam-bo

worth doing something about it. i ignored one like that cos it wasnt hurting.

6 months later and some interesting root canal work I was wishing I hadn't ignored it….

trail_rat
    Free Member

cheers jonnyC will stop shit getting into the hole

Also bought my self a new toothbrush today – always just used the standard old tech tooth brush and some mouthwash

bought an oral B sonic brush – nothing flash cost 5 quid. i couldnt believe the ammount of crap it brought out of my mouth on the first brush.

Probably drink too much fruit juice and too many energy gels – there was a warning on the Braveheart forums about swilling your mouth out with water/mouthwash before brushing teeth if you been having gels just brushing alone could do more harm than good.

stuartlangwilson
    Free Member

This lot should be able to tell you where you can find an NHS dentist.

NHS Grampian

Westholme
    Woodend Hospital
    Queens Road
    Aberdeen, AB5 6LS

Tel: 0845 4565990

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘dentists’ is closed to new replies.