Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Dental experiences you don't want to repeat…
  • angryratio
    Free Member

Just been to local dental hospital for a wisdom tooth removal.
    My tooth was an awkward impacted tooth, and also curved towards the back of my jaw.
    An hour of horrid noises and strange sensations and it’s gone.

So, i’m sitting feeling sorry for myself now.

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vQNj3-BAHLk[/video]

This did’nt help prepare me for the visit!

derek_starship
    Free Member

I had nine teeth extracted in one sitting when I was 20. Not under general anaesthetic either.
    Would prefer to avoid another do at that!

highclimber
    Free Member

My dentist numbed the worng side of my mouth then he hit the nerve with his anaesthetic needle sending a shooting pain through my lower jaw. Needless to say I have changed dental practices!

TheFlyingOx

My last dentist trip involved two fillings. Unfortunately the anaesthetic numbed the entire side of my head but not my teeth.

DDdddddddddddddddddzzzzzzzzzzzzzzeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!!!!

ebygomm
    Free Member

Being left with a hole straight into my sinuses after a tooth extraction, not something I’m in a hurry to experience again. It’s not pleasant to have liquid coming out of your nose everytime you take a drink and a straw is not an option.

Four wisdom teeth removed under local were a piece of p*** in comparison

Moses

I’ve had two visits this week, once to repair a badly chipped molar & one for a filling. I was impressed by how easy & painless it was, but more so by the Polish dental assistant who is absolutely drop-dead gorgeous. Thank you lord, for the distraction.
    Did I mention that she is gorgeous?

matt_outandabout

Wisdom tooth shattering as it is pulled…

ton

i had my two front teeth kicked out playing rugby.
    the stumps stayed in at gum level.
    it took 2 hours for the doctor to cut my gum back, remove the stumps and place 8 stitches in the gums, and also 14 in my top lip where the gums pierced that.

aracer
    Free Member

Had all of my wisdom teeth out under local – not all at the same time though. But that experience completely pales in comparison with spending 2 hours under local having my face stitched back together after landing on it in an over-the-bars incident – counts as a dental incident as most of the damage was done by my teeth going through my lips.

Pieface

About 6 of my front baby teeth knocked out in one fell swoop on a rocking horse at about age 4

Catching my tooth on someones heel playing british bulldog and it getting twisted forward 90 degrees, it didnt fall out. The dentist simply pushed it back into place with his thumb.

2 wisdom teeth out – walk in the park, but someone else did that for me.

Esme
    Free Member

Hope you’re starting to feel better, Angryratio?

I had the exact same procedure many years ago, and still vividly remember the pain, after the local anaesthetic wore off. Much worse than dental implants, apicectomies – or even childbirth!

samuri
    Free Member

To be honest every single visit to the dentist is a nightmare for me.

But I think my favourite was the one where my mum lied to me about why I was going (extraction – she said check up), and when I saw the pliers I jumped up out of the chair, smacking the dentist in the face as I did so, and then legging it out of the room.

Northwind

I had a filling in a wisdom tooth that went wrong- not enough liner in the filling i think, it was terribly cold sensitive. So after a couple of weeks I went back and the dentist says “Well, since you don’t have an opposing tooth there, it’s not really doing much for you, we can see about removing it.

So sure, on we go, might as well do some weight reduction. “Well, often for wisdom tooth extractions you need a surgical extraction, because the roots are so deep and so curved. So we’ll do some x-rays”. zap, zap. “OK, these are lovely straight roots, that’ll come out no bother, so I’ll just do it now”.

So out come the crowbars, and he assaults my head for a bit. Terrifying groaning and cracking noises, lots of wrestling, and after about 10 minutes

“Right, there it is. Jesus! Look at the roots on that. Curvy as anything! If I’d had any idea, I’d not have dreamed of trying to take that out, that’s a stone cold surgical job there.”

Cheers for that.

The time they got halfway through a massive filling then had to evacuate for a fire alarm because someone burnt the toast was awesome too.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘Dental experiences you don't want to repeat…’ is closed to new replies.