Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Dental Charges
  • PeterStarkiss
    Free Member

Can you help me with an evaluation of normal dental charges.

I don’t have much dental work fortunately so I’m not exactly in touch with treatment costs, having had a check up this morning and being advised that two fillings need patching up / replacing I’m looking at a bill for £160.

This is a private practice as opposed to NHS, so any comparison appreciated.

KINGTUT
    Free Member

I have a brilliant NHS dentist who would charge you £49 inclusive of both’ unless you want white fillings then they are £59 each.

I’ve just spent £400+ on my mouth, part of which was old grey fillings taken out and white ones in their place, well worth it.

jambalaya
    Free Member

£160 for two sounds reasonable value, you can pay a lot more.

@KingTut – I had some of the earliest white fillings and all have failed causing more problems, they last 10 years max even these days. I have gone back to grey ones when a filling is necessary. Living in Surrey it’s virtually impossible to find an NHS dentist who will take you, the service has been effectively privatized here.

gusamc
    Free Member

private – about £90 a filling, ditto remark about lack of nhs options.

glupton1976
    Free Member

Another reason to move to Edinburgh. I can think of 4 dentists who are taking on NHS patients at present.

br
    Free Member

Depends also on where you live, as our costs have gone down moving from home counties to Scottish Borders.

Hohum
    Free Member

OP – I pay roughly the same as you.

fubar
    Free Member

just had a single filling done privately @ £60 (+checkup about £25…+hygenist about same)…think I paid about £600 for a crown 😯
    p.s. this was in a small town with an over supply of dentists

PeterStarkiss
    Free Member

So privately my £160 appears OK.

NHS charging structure would be £65.50, 40% of the private charge.

I will have to look at the availablility of NHS dentists round here, that’s £95 difference I would rather spend on something else.

gdj001
    Free Member

Check up and hygenist last week at a private practice cost me £100.

I had my crown “glued” back in about a year ago and that cost £44. A new crown would be £600. I need to find an NHS dentist

BeardedDave
    Free Member

Sounds reasonable for private. I live in the Netherlands and have recently had two filings done here for around 300 Euros. This then lead to needing root canal, which then lead to the tooth breaking and needing extraction, which all added up to a four figure hole in my bank balance! I miss the NHS!

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘Dental Charges’ is closed to new replies.