Viewing 27 posts - 1 through 27 (of 27 total)
  • Demon Frameworks – New Frames – First Look
  • one_happy_hippy
    Free Member

Just seen some shots from the European Handbuilt Bike Show of some new fairly special looking bikes coming out of a small workshop in Southampton – Demon Frameworks

Predominantly lugged track and road/touring frames but also this, a Reynolds 631 MTB (Jump bike) with a Lugged head tube:-

Fixies:-

The level of care and attention that has gone in to these is immense and the finish is fantastic.

soma_rich
    Free Member

Southampton you say??

hmm maybe I will look them up and have a chat.

one_happy_hippy
    Free Member

Email me and i’ll drop you his number – he’s a friend of mine hence the blatant posting of his lovely bikes.

soma_rich
    Free Member

Just seem his website (with number on). I have been toying with the idea of a custom steel 29er and I like the idea of one made down the road from me.

STATO
    Free Member

The level of care and attention that has gone in to these is immense

obviously not with brake hoses like that!

one_happy_hippy
    Free Member

Everything he does is pretty much bespoke around reynolds tubes so im sure he can do something for you.

Re: brake hoses – Yeah apparently they were kinda of put together at 2am before driving to Germany in the morning and he wanted to put full bikes on display as opposed to just frames.

GaryLake
    Free Member

Hmmm, looks pretty jump biky, left long for barspins perhaps?

Swiftacular
    Free Member

I see the jump bike isnt in production yet, any idea of pricing?

one_happy_hippy
    Free Member

Yup its a lugged jump bike. Uber strong and pimp.

And yes i forgot the long brake hoses are for when your barspinning / tailwhipping and being generally radcore.

one_happy_hippy
    Free Member

The jump bike is an availiable on request job due to the fact it takes twice as long as a fixie to build as he machines absolutely everything in house – i believe that only thing on the bike he buys are the tubes and two brass screws for the chain tugs / drop out adjustment. He even machines the lugs himself.

Price i would imagine is around the £600 mark in line with Curtis / Evil etc

Swiftacular
    Free Member

Tried emailing through the website, and it seems broken, any other contact email address?

thepodge
    Free Member

i like those A LOT

one_happy_hippy
    Free Member

Hmmm – i will have to ask him about that – his mobile number on there is valid. I’ll try and find his actual email address from my ‘filing system’

one_happy_hippy
    Free Member

the podge – thanks (on his behalf) im pointing him in the direction of this thread and im sure he’ll appreciate it.

Support your up an coming bike builders, buy british – buy demon frameworks. Its the future, ive seen it.

GaryLake
    Free Member

Not wanting to diss his family’s effort too much but I’d sort his website out proper for an 853 MTB singlespeed frame…

Swiftacular
    Free Member

Thats why im trying to mail him. Looks an ideal candidate to replace my ToP. Looks lovely and slim and clean, just want more details, and specs. Dont want to ring him up, when it isnt a solid enguiry until i have sold my bike.

one_happy_hippy
    Free Member

He’s pretty easy going to be honest and loves to talk bikes, ive messaged him anyway asking for an email addy for you anyway.

cousinzeke

they are nice, will look into getting a nice geared bike from there

one_happy_hippy
    Free Member

UPDATE: – Working email – tom@demonframeworks.com

thepodge
    Free Member

I just love the idea of modern bikes with an old feel such at the lugged head tube. its British eccentricity.

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

I must admit I do like those bikes a bit more than a lot.

I’m having fantisies about an 853 geared, lugged hardtail in gloss black with red pinstriping round the lugs and red graphics. Then built up with 140mm forks, and all silver bits, King Headset, Thompson, Royce hubs, silver Salsa rims, polished cranks……

Dribble.

one_happy_hippy
    Free Member

Yup, i know exactly where your coming from. Im trying to work out which of my foes collection i can face parting with for that Lugged Jump Frame!

atlaz
    Free Member

How much are these looking to set people back. If my SS road bike commuter works out, I quite fancy a bare metal, lacquered one.

one_happy_hippy
    Free Member

You would honestly have to ask him as most of it is fairly bespoke.

petestuart
    Free Member

In Southampton?! Exciting news as a local. They look like lovely frames…

petestuart
    Free Member

Just googled the post code from the website – thats round the corner from my house! Would he mind people just dropping by?

one_happy_hippy
    Free Member

I’d drop him a line first as i know he’s around and about a lot. Im hopefully going to get down next weekend to have a look at the jump bike myself.

Viewing 27 posts - 1 through 27 (of 27 total)

The topic ‘Demon Frameworks – New Frames – First Look’ is closed to new replies.