Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Demo days – fashion advice (self concious fool content)
  • PracticalMatt
    Free Member

I'm off to the pines to cheer on the races this weeknd on account of it being only up the road.

There's going to be a chance to demo some bikes on the day too, so do I turn up with helmet and my riding kit and spend the day with a padded crotch etc?

I had been planning to turn up in my DMs and jeans to just hollar at the riders but the chance to trial some bikes makes me wander if I'd be better of lounging about in my kit.

Never been to a demo day so what's the done thing? – will it consist of a two minute pootle up a fire road or am I likely to get a chance to blast round the track for half an hour?

Thoughts please.

mangoridebike

Surely Baggies are the way forward here? with tights underneath if you think you'll be chilly

helmet in a rucksack and you're good to go

Mister-P
    Free Member

If it is like the previous demo day up at Glentress then there will be a loop of around three miles to ride round. So would you feel comfortable riding that far in jeans? I would go casual and take kit with me.

PracticalMatt
    Free Member

Yeah think I might do a superman in a porterloo and get kitted up should I feel like it.

It'd be alright if the wife didn't have the car and was dropping me off, then I could keep my kit in the car.

bobbyspangles

a glittering emerald ballroom gown is de rigeur this season. with some strappy shoes

GW
    Free Member

fancy dress is the usual attire

Diane
    Free Member

Well wont you be riding anyway????

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

I just went in 3/4's trainers and a baggy cycling top. Comfortable on the bike withiout looking like a knob off it. And demo bikes are quicker with flat pedals anyway as you dont need to wait for someone to swap them over to your pedals.

At Cannock they marked out a section of FTD, but it got busy so I rode out against the flow on the fireroad upto the top of section 13 and back (the recomended route was sections 1-10 ish) and was blessed with empty trails 🙂

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Demo days – fashion advice (self concious fool content)’ is closed to new replies.