Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Delonghi espresso makers any good?
  • Bazz

This one in particular

link

Would like one but budget isn’t huge, and if it’s crap then i’ll stick to my mocha pot.

ads-b
    Free Member

Just got one of these for £180. It rocks!

link

FOG

They’re ok and I am happy with mine but still seem to spend too much time in over priced coffee shops searching for that ‘authentic’ flavour. But then you are never going to replicate coffee shop flavour without spending a shed load of money.

Bazz

Thanks guys, i definitely don’t want a pod system, i like the coffee i use at present and just want to make it better (and quicker), i actually don’t spend much time in coffee shops at all, i prefer the coffee at home, or round my Italian mates house, just looking to get that authentic crema on an espresso and proper steamed milk rather than whisked hot milk.

Bazz

Bump for the evening crowd.

singlecrack
    Free Member

Ive got the Magnifica bean to cup …its awesome ..trouble free for 2 years so far …water tank could do with being a bit larger though.

prawny

I’ve got one, it’s up the loft. Nice as it is it’s just too much of a ball ache. I’ll swallow down a tassimo if I want a quick cuppa or I’ll go to a shop in town for a proper one.

bazwadah
    Free Member

I got a similar model – EC330 a few weeks ago (when it was £70), at first it is a bit of a faff getting everything right (I was either compressing the coffee too much or too little) but if you persevere it is worth it. using very finely ground coffee is important too..

The crema is perfectly fine, not as good as from a shop, but then those machines are £1000s
    Its quick to heat up and the steam arm works very well. only downside I have found is that the drip tray gets in the way of standard size cups (so you have to use espresso cups first then pour into larger cups if making a cappuccino or latte, so more washing up).

according to the lady in my local coffee supplier, It makes a lot of difference getting a grinder (ceramic plates?) and using whole beans just before brewing.

HTH

carlphillips
    Free Member

ROK espresso maker? loads of crema in the video

back2basics
    Free Member

i had one , flicked it on mainly due to reasons mentioned above – too much faff for an “ok” coffee.
    Got one of these which is pretty good and quick to do
    Moka pot that makes cappuccino!!!

dirtygirlonabike
    Free Member

we’ve got a delonghi although not the one your looking at. makes a decent espresso with a crema…definately doesn’t taste as good as my local coffee shop, despite the same beans. i want an expensive coffee machine at home 😕

Scapegoat

I have an old DeLonghi 15 bar espresso machine. I use fresh ground beans from a whirly grinder so perhaps I will be flamed for not being of the true faith. However, it makes perfectly acceptable espresso with a thick foamy crema, and froths milk very well. You have to experiment with amount of beans,but a double helping of beans tamped firm and drawn to about 65ml is pretty acceptable. No, it’s not the same as barrista standard coffee, but then again it cost about thirty quid in a sale five years ago!

I also like coffee from a Bialetti style stove-top, but that’s a different ballgame, a sweeter liquorice flavour brew with no crema. Perfect for a small thermos if used with boiling milk.

chojin
    Free Member

singlecrack – Member
    Ive got the Magnifica bean to cup …its awesome ..trouble free for 2 years so far …water tank could do with being a bit larger though.

I concur. Mine’s been trouble free for a couple of years and produces a bloody good cup of brown.

djglover
    Free Member

They’re ok and I am happy with mine but still seem to spend too much time in over priced coffee shops searching for that ‘authentic’ flavour. But then you are never going to replicate coffee shop flavour without spending a shed load of money.

15 bar, is 15 bar isn’t it?

I have a Delonghi, not that model, and a Gaggia grinder, makes a cracking cup of coffee.

Flaperon

I concur. Mine’s been trouble free for a couple of years and produces a bloody good cup of brown.

And mine. The only problem I have is that if I’m away for a few days the beans in the hopper dry out slightly, so I tend to run it near empty and top-up often.

Apart from that though, worth every penny.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

The topic ‘Delonghi espresso makers any good?’ is closed to new replies.