Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Dell CS – Appauling!!!
  • foxyrider
    Free Member

Ordered 2 desktop PC for my boss. Rejected from CC as not authorised. Spoke to my bos the next morning and they suggested "putting the order though again" – I duely ordered 2 new comps – in teh meantime after speaking to my boss unbenowing to us the original order was re-authorised and now we are left with a duplicate order.

On phone to Dell most of the day with transfers for 20 mins at a time back and forth from UK to india and back – UK CS not answering. Filled out online cancellation form early afternoon.

Today got though after about 10 mins to hear order now in production and thus cannot be cancelled. "You have to wait for delivery and reject delivery to get a refund". So we have to pay re-delivery fee and poss restock fee of up to 15%?

Anyone faced this and were you re-embursed the full amount of did you have to pay either a re-delivery fee or a re-stocking fee.

Yours , once a fan of Dell and now never ordering direct again, FXR 😈

rockthreegozy
    Free Member

They made the mistakes, they pay for them. Simple

foxyrider
    Free Member

Sorry the CC suggested "putting the order though again" so prob CC fault really but they bounce the problem between them as usual 🙁

FuzzyWuzzy

Company I work for is a Global 500 account at Dell so we get great service 😉 It does suck the situation you're in though but yeah it's not really Dell's fault if you ordered again before contacting them (even though you had problems getting through to them). Even we can't cancel stuff once it's in production (although they do let us reject without a charge), their manufacturing system is pretty rigid (I guess it has to be with the volumes they have and the just-in-time manufacturing process), on the plus side it's why they have plenty of 'stock' in their factory outlet.

Probably worth writing a complaint email to their CS department though and explaining the situation, hopefully they'll then waive the restock fee (or just do it for a nominal value).

dmiller
    Free Member

I would phone customer care on: 01344 373178 and explain the situation.

You will need both order numbers, your customer number etc. They can usually help here – at least they can confirm the re-stock fee etc – I have never heard of anyone actually having to pay the restock fee, it should be pretty painless.

foxyrider
    Free Member

cool dmiller – thanks for the heads up

foxyrider
    Free Member

Hmm – on hold for many hours dmiller – as we have experienced many times!!!!

Ewan
    Free Member

Distance selling act says that they can't charge you a restocking fee. May be different if Dell argue that the computers are 'custom' built.

http://www.oft.gov.uk/advice_and_resources/resource_base/legal/distance-selling-regulations/

http://www.hotukdeals.com/item/562658/dell-laptop-should-i-refuse-to-take

To be honest, i'd just contact the credit card company and get them to sort it, sounds like their fault, and they will have a lot more weight with Dell than you.

simon_g

DSR doesn't apply for business-to-business. It's consumer legislation.

uplink
    Free Member

Distance selling act says that they can't charge you a restocking fee

Are commercial customers covered by this? – I wouldn't have thought so

tails
    Free Member

algarvebairn
    Free Member

Hope the new PC has spellcheck on it. 😉

spacemonkey

I think re-stocking fees can actually be challenged due to some law that proves them inelligible (unless there's small print somewhere).

Have work for a Dell VAR, I can safely say their general attitude sucks. Sure, they have their favoured partners and customers, etc. But generally they're a bunch of w&*"£rs.

foxyrider
    Free Member

I wish STW forum had a spell check on it TBH – as I can't type for sh&^t 🙂 Cheers guys – going to accept one parcel and reject the other and hopefully get a credit and no re-stocking fee – we really need more computers but boss says its not a good time – ho hum 🙂

dmiller
    Free Member

Hmm – on hold for many hours dmiller – as we have experienced many times!!!!

Baws sorry – it usually gets a decent response that number. It might be as well waiting to you have them first then calling.

I have emailed you…

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

The topic ‘Dell CS – Appauling!!!’ is closed to new replies.