Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Delivery drivers signing stuff themselves.
  • thegreatape
    Free Member

It’s a bit naughty isn’t it.

Yesterday City Link delivered us a new DVD player from John Lewis. (It was supposed to have been today when I am off work, yesterday I was at work until 5pm). So the guy is knocking the door when a kid from the village wanders over, says “that’s my house”, so he hands her the parcel and off he goes, while the kid strolls off up the road parcel in hand.

I checked the tracking thing today and was intrigued to find that someone with almost the same name as me, only slightly incorrectly spelt, had signed for it yesterday afternoon while I was still at work.

Cheeky sods.

(The kid was one of mine, and she strolled off up the road to the childminder’s house, and I do have my new DVD player, so all is well, but what if it wasn’t? And it’s still a pain, because the broken one they were supposed to be collecting is still sat here in my porch).

Shall I have a bit of sport with them?

ronjeremy
    Free Member

er yes i would, but delete this post just in case..

thegreatape
    Free Member

I’m only going to ask them to explain how I managed to sign for it when I was at work and see whether they come back with the truth or not. I’m not going to do any fraud.

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

so all is well, but what if it wasn’t?

Well I’m no detective, but your name incorrectly spelt might have provided a clue that you hadn’t sign for it.

But yeah I’m taking p*ss, I get your point……’tis very naughty indeed.

toys19
    Free Member

I had this last week, I chased a supplier for tracking info something they had supplied me as it hadn’t turned up yet, the tracking info claimed it had been delivered. On further enquiry the driver says he gave it to the builder who was working at my house who put it in the wheel barrow behind the skip. Only thing is, there hasn’t been a builder at my house for weeks, although there is a wheel barrow and a skip. The article in question was nowhere to be found. I reckon he dumped it in the barrow and made up a signature, and some scrote came on my drive and knicked it. The supplier took responsibility and sent me a new item.

ScottChegg
    Free Member

Home Delivery Network.

In case I need to say more, they do this a lot around my way. Even so far as leaving a PS3 in my garden, in the rain. “It’s Ok it’s been signed for”

Useless.

tang
    Free Member

Dont get me started on Home delivery network…

I used to service HDNLs trucks. Somewhere, I’ve got the measurements written down of where to drill the back door to open it manually when the lock jams. 😉
    A friend of mine drives for them as well, but only artics between depots. She doesn’t do home deliveries.

Just thought you might like to know,that’s all.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Delivery drivers signing stuff themselves.’ is closed to new replies.