Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • delayed flights and refunds… (Ryanair content)
  • alpin
    Free Member

Sat at Stansted. Were due to leave at 14:15. Been sat on the plane for over two hours before they offloaded us.
    looks like we’ll still be sat here for at least another hour or so.

Have just had a read of Ryanair’s refund policy. As I understand it you are not entitled to a refund if you wait around for the delayed flight.
    I thought the rules were if your flight is delayed for 3 hours or more you got a refund.

Anyone had any experience of this and able to enlighten me?

Need to be up early tomorrow as I have a big job on in Frankfurt. What happens if I can’t make it? That’s a job for travel insurance, isn’t it?

gonefishin
    Free Member

5 hours for a refund I’m afraid but after three there are rules on compensation. Ryanair’s rules don’t overrule EU law.

Edit: It’s also the Arrival time at the destination not the departure time that dictates the time delay.

alpin
    Free Member

Hmm… We should have landed by now. Due arrival was 16:55. Now saying 20:25 and that was 20 mins ago.

Will give the go something to Google and argue tomorrow. 🙂

fourbanger
    Free Member

Ask them. They will have a copy of the law at info desk. If you stick to your guns, you’ll get what’s due for the delay. I did.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

The topic ‘delayed flights and refunds… (Ryanair content)’ is closed to new replies.