Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 113 total)
  • Delamere Monday Night Riders
  • Marmoset
    Free Member

Teetosugars – YGM, re starting point

Rich

davedodd
    Free Member

Paul,

I can’t believe that there’s anyone who really thinks that there’s too much cake!!
    Good ride last night, I’ll try to make next weeks route totally different again.
    Lisa, I got Debs (my wife) to repeat the mantra “power through the mud” when it’s damp as it was last night, and it helped her no end! As you get more used to it, you’ll enjoy it even more!

See you all next Monday.

Dave

stevenoble@f2s.com
    Free Member

Hi is it OK for new comers to the area to join your ride. I have been night riding on the Southdown for the last 2 years but just moved up to Chester.

What time do you leave and where from?

Do you only ride on a Monday or any other nights in the week?

thanks
    Steve

davedodd
    Free Member

Steve,

Anyone can come and ride with us. I tweek the rides for whoever’s out. As long as someone is a reasonable rider then they’ll be fine. And yes we only do Mondays.

The ride starts at 730 prompt, and you’ll need to be there beforehand as we physically start riding at that time. We don’t advertise the meeting place for security purposes, but if you mail me at daveanddebbiedodd@hotmail.com I can let you know.

Ta

Dave

Teetosugars
    Free Member

Steve,

I ride there most nights- I live about 2 miles from Delamere… Drop me a line if you fancy meeting up?

stevenoble@f2s.com
    Free Member

Many thanks for coming back so quickly.

Dave – I have sent you an email for directions.

Teetosugars – I can’t do the Monday ride next week as out so it would be good if we could do a ride midweek maybe next Wednesday? I will send you an email.

Cheers
    Steve

mccett
    Free Member

Steve,
    If you cant make a Monday and want to ride with a group, Twelve50 Bikes in Frodsham run a ride on Wednesday nights. Meet at 6.30pm. Mail for details.

nickingsley
    Free Member

Think Monday Night Riders has become a bit of a cake fest recently – marvellous and some of the best cakes for a long time last night.

In case you were worried (as if !!) you should be reassured that ‘Billy No Mates’ had a good hard ride last night up to the mast, skills area and Waterloo. But timing is everything so back with the group in plenty of time to enjoy that splendid cake selection.

I would suggest that all new starters should be comfortable about cycling for a couple of hours in slow going/sticky mud as you could end up feeling a little self conscious. You won’t be left behind but….
    What you will find is that the skills necessary to enjoy the particular Delamere conditions are quickly acquired.

Divagirl
    Free Member

davedodd – Member

Lisa, I got Debs (my wife) to repeat the mantra “power through the mud” when it’s damp as it was last night, and it helped her no end! As you get more used to it, you’ll enjoy it even more!

See you all next Monday.

Dave

thanks Dave – I had Graeme saying the same thing thing behind me – it helped 😀

stevenoble@f2s.com
    Free Member

Hi Mccett

thanks for the posting and heads up about the Twelve50 ride. I had a great ride last night and look forward to coming ou with you guys again.

as per our discussion last night i can’t remember seeing this before but can’t think how i would have know to call th Twelve50 guys without it – so once again many thanks

Steve

curlie467
    Free Member

Absolutely gutted that i have not been able to come along for the ride, still waiting for my light to turn up!!

Will be able to join you soon though and can`t wait.

trek820
    Free Member

Chunkypaul…thanks for your reply. Looks like i’ll be able to make it tomorrow. How do i find out the meeting point? ( :-)I have seen Dave’s email earlier on the thread but don’t like to just email.)

Beccy 🙂

Teetosugars
    Free Member

I’ll be there tomorrow..
    Looking forward to it.. 🙂

chunkypaul
    Free Member

Chunkypaul…thanks for your reply. Looks like i’ll be able to make it tomorrow. How do i find out the meeting point? ( :-)I have seen Dave’s email earlier on the thread but don’t like to just email.)

Beccy

hiya – you don’t have an e-mail address on your profile so i can’t contact you with a map link; so best if you send an email to dave 🙂

he doesn’t bite… honest 😉

davedodd
    Free Member

Hi All,

I’ll be there tomorrow night.

Beccy, I’ve mailed you about the meeting point. See you tomorrow.

Dave

Teetosugars
    Free Member

Should be a cold one tonight…

I’m riding in from home, so hopefully I’ll not freeze before the main event… 😉

Divagirl
    Free Member

perfect ride last night , thanks Dave, excellent route. Really strange to swap the mud for icy ridges. Reckon my screaming has dropped a bit more. Good turn out too, considering it was -4 degrees C
    Loved the Bakewell Tart and swede cake !!

chunkypaul
    Free Member

went round delamere last night aas well – now the trails are covered with snow and its even grippier, ace fun!

bakey

Missing the cold and cake….

Maybe next week, recovery premitting.

Mike

nickingsley
    Free Member

Chunkypaul, you’re just a two timer! Rumour has it Roy and ikimbunza have been at it as well!

Well for those able to get to Delamere it looks as though your spoilt for choice with good rides on a Monday and Wednesday, apparently Monday has the edge – home cooked cakes courtesy of Graham, Debs and Lisa too.

Now lets just hope nobody starts building ‘proper’ trails all over the forest and we can all carry on enjoying Delamere for what it is – a small wood with a large range of natural, tricky, technical and gloopy trails.
    All you have to do is find them and string them together to enjoy a cracking ride.

trek820
    Free Member

Great ride on Monday. Looking forward to doing it again next week. 🙂

Divagirl
    Free Member

I was back there again today, such a great place. Is there a regular Wednesday ride too? would bring cake !!

rick@twelve50bikes

Divagirl, we have a regular Wednesday night ride in Delamere. There’s a range of abilities and usually a good selection of cake on offer too!
    We usually post up on our facebook page (though we don’t put the start point up there) or give the shop a bell on 01928 898011.
    The more the merrier, especially with the offer of cake 🙂

johnikgriff
    Free Member

Rick

We ride Delamere most Wednesday nights aswell, Think we parked next to you this week. What time do you ride? be good to ride with other people, but think it maybe a bit early for us mind 🙁

rick@twelve50bikes

Ah, that was you then! We saw some cars with racks on whan we got back.
    We usually aim to start for 6.30ish but we can be flexible and push it back a bit. It was that early as we used to aim to get the most out of the daylight, I guess that’s less of an issue at the minute 🙂 We’ve had a couple of new faces recently, always good.

davedodd
    Free Member

Hi All,

Apologies but I can’t be there tomorrow night as I need to work late in Rugby. I’ll be thinking of you, and I should be fine for next week. Hope you don’t have too much ice.

Dave

marcus7
    Free Member

One excuse after another with you dave…I’ll be there, at the back, complaining/crying, praying for a mechanical…..cheers.

intode_void
    Free Member

I’ve just driven past Delamere and it’s looking great out there at the moment, freezing fog, frost/ice everywhere, 5mm of snow and the car thermometer reading -3! I think that sounds like the perfect combination of elements to join you all for my 1st Delamere night ride!

Marmoset
    Free Member

I may not be there tonight – depends on how well the office environment clears my lung butter out!

johnikgriff
    Free Member

Have a great ride folks, I spent 3 hours riding there today and didn’t see another person, perfect, just me and the dog.

chunkypaul
    Free Member

bail from me tonight as well

Divagirl
    Free Member

rick@twelve50bikes – Member
    Divagirl, we have a regular Wednesday night ride in Delamere. There’s a range of abilities and usually a good selection of cake on offer too!
    We usually post up on our facebook page (though we don’t put the start point up there) or give the shop a bell on 01928 898011.
    The more the merrier, especially with the offer of cake

Thanks very much Rick :-)- the ‘range of abilities’ is comforting as I’m still fairly new and quite rubbish. I bring cake as compensation for making people wait occasionally !!

I’m already your fb friend so I’ll keep an eye out, thanks

Divagirl
    Free Member

not coming tonight – it’s too icy for me. I was riding in Delamere for about 6 hours yesterday and it got v icy in the afternoon. I made Clementine cake too and more flapjacks. Sorry guys, ah well <tucks in> 😈

trek820
    Free Member

Hi guys, i’m going to bail tonight as well (after 1 week!) sounds like it will be too icy out there for me. Won’t be able to make it next week either…tickets to see the Kings of Leon in Manchester. Have fun. If your riding the week after i should be back. 🙂

nickingsley
    Free Member

I’ve just popped in to Delamere and I think Divagirls made a good call its much slippier than last night when Farmer Dave and I popped in for a couple of hours.

Since it looks as though a few people are not around next week and there may not be many out this week then please note there is no planned ride on Monday 20th December. Instead meet at The Red Fox, Tarporley at 7pm for a curry at 7:30. ALL Monday Night Riders and partners welcome regardless of how often you have been out, its a bit of fun and an opportunity to meet and chat with the gang – the curry is good as well.

You never know you might even win an award – nominations for the Blue Ribbon event – ‘Crash of the Year’ are now open………

Look forward to seeing you there.

Divagirl
    Free Member

Have a good one tonight guys, I’m in the South of France, very 🙁 at missing out

ti_pin_man
    Free Member

I miss these. 🙁

chunkypaul
    Free Member

manflu excuse…

curlie467
    Free Member

Excellent ride out on monday, thanks for making me welcome!
    Look forward to the next one.

Rorschach
    Free Member

And we miss you Joe…. 🙁

Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 113 total)

The topic ‘Delamere Monday Night Riders’ is closed to new replies.