Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Deia, Majorca. Road bike or MTB?
  • tomhoward

Off for a 5 night break at the end of June. Has anyone been with a bike and if so what kind?

Heard nice things about the road riding in Majorca in general, not much on the MTB front though? Might I unearth some hidden gems, or should I just stick to the roads?

Muchos Gracias!

julians
    Free Member

you’re spoilt for choice on the road bike front, so that would be the obvious choice.

However I’d take the mountain bike, theres lots of great mountain biking around there, its just that its a less well trodden (ridden?) path.

Head into soller (town not port) and find tramontana tours, buy their biking map and explore, or pay for some guiding from them.

Me and a few friends took our mountain bikes out there 3 years ago, we found various gps tracks on the internet, they were pretty decent.

A memorable one was the pilgrims steps (just google it), start at cuber reservoir at 800m altitude, and descend down hundreds (thousands maybe) of steps back into soller town.

Also the GR221 path is decent I hear.

jobro
    Free Member

Got back from Deia only a week ago. Loved it!
    Loads and loads of road bikes on the road through Deia going to Palma or coming from Soller. Must admit the road was much busier than I thought it would be with queues of cars (driven by tourists) behind the bikes.
    As above, I would recommend talking to Andy at Tramantana tours. He was at Port Soller when I was there but there is a shop in Soller as well.
    Routes around Cuber reservoir looked promising for off road

eulach

That bloke in Tramantana Tours has cost me a fortune. I was quite happily bumbling my way through life on a hardtail when he persuaded me to hire a FS(did it for the same price as a HT though). Road to Damascus moment ensued. Now on my 4th FS bike in as many years. (still got a HT as well though).

back2basics
    Free Member

watch out for those tour buses by the end of june on the twisty roads on a road bike. (or get up super early like i did) – the roads are fantastic and view amazing from them, and right on your door too.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘Deia, Majorca. Road bike or MTB?’ is closed to new replies.