Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Definition of insanity.
  • MrWoppit
    Free Member

Or so I’ve heard, is the act of constant repetition whilst all the time expecting a different result. It makes for some very long threads, but always ends up looking like:

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=da3Xun-yGCQ[/video]

… where nothing is resolved, as another hour of life slips irretrievably away.

Junkyard
    Free Member

Yes when I think about who I would want advice from on going over the same argument over and over and over again I always think of you.
    Now what would Hitchens/dawkins/Jesus do

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

Definition of insanity…….is the act of constant repetition whilst all the time expecting a different result.

I’m not sure how qualified Benjamin Franklin was to make that statement, but he also said :

As to Jesus of Nazareth, my Opinion of whom you particularly desire, I think the System of Morals and His Religion, as He left them to us, the best the world ever saw or is likely to see; but I apprehend it has received various corrupt changes, and I have, with most of the present Dissenters in England, some Doubts as to His divinity; tho’ it is a question I do not dogmatize upon

And I’m sure that as today is a Sunday, and a holy day, you would like everyone to be reminded of that Woppit.

julianwilson
    Free Member

There is a notion out there (i forget who said it first) that insanity is only insanity if it bothers other people. (Otherwise it’s just part of life’s rich tapestry innit.)

Is anyone bothered?

deluded
    Free Member

Yes when I think about who I would want advice from on going over the same argument over and over and over again I always think of you.
    Now what would Hitchens/dawkins/Jesus do

“The first requirement of anyone engaging in an intellectual or academic debate is that he or she be able to give a proper account of the opposing position(s)” – Christopher Hitchens.

D0NK

so what we doing? god, road safety, torys v labour, sram v shimano or one of the really big divisive ones….Sweet or savoury mid ride snacks?

CharlieMungus
    Free Member

Have we done Christianity yet?

donsimon
    Free Member

Have we done Cristiano yet?

yossarian
    Free Member

Or so I’ve heard, is the act of constant repetition whilst all the time expecting a different result. It makes for some very long threads

Does that not sum up your anti religious threads rather well? Perhaps that was the point you were making. I do understand that many use this site as a confessional.

CharlieMungus
    Free Member

Does that not sum up your anti religious threads rather well? Perhaps that was the point you were making.

Looks to me like a soul searching for enlightenment. Unfortunately Woppit, no one can prove it to you. You need to take that leap of faith by yourself. Just ask Him to come into your life.

TurnerGuy
    Free Member

the act of constant repetition whilst all the time expecting a different result

whereas the sane person would expect to have a different result ‘sometimes’ – chaos theory and all that…

CharlieMungus
    Free Member

God and all that.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘Definition of insanity.’ is closed to new replies.