Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Definition of frustration………….. (warning 456 content!!)
  • BigBoyXC
    Free Member

Finished my build earlier this week but still cannot ride it thanks to a torn Plantar Fascia (the arch on the sole of my right foot) a rugby injury. Was between an 18 and 20″ and thought a 20″ would be better but sat on a 20″ earlier this week and it was too big, so picked up this one off colour 456 from Ben at On-One. Build comes in at 23.9lbs on my luggage scales but with DT5.1 Hope Hoops, 150mm Dual Air bolt thru revs and DX pedals it is not fragile.

So this is sat in the garage at home unridden apart from a spin around the block. Back on Tues but probably cannot ride in anger for another month or so…….

Gutted.

]null[/url]

valleydaddy
    Free Member

shame about your injury get well soon.

I’m sure someone would take it for a spin and let you know what it is like – like me 😀

DrDomRob
    Free Member

I feel your pain,

I broke my arm the day after I finished my Carbon 456 build…. Hicksy very kindly poionted out that Carbon frames need to settle for a time period roughly rqual to the time it’ll take your injury to get better.

Haven’t weighed it or taken any photo’s though, so you are already a long way ahead of me!

BigBoyXC
    Free Member

Did it in Nov but aggravated again last week, set back again.

Sorry to hear about your arm, not good mate. Hope its the left!! 😉

_tom_
    Free Member

I like them graphics 🙂

chakaping
    Free Member

OMG, is there somne kind of carbon 456 curse?

Actually I had my first proper stack for ages while night riding on mine and landed full pelt on a chicken-wired piece of wood. Grated my elbow and knee.

It’ll be worth the wait for you though, I’m very pleased with mine. So fast!

Do you think your scales are accurate? That seems very light. Mine’s quite similar and feels like about 26 or 27lbs.

SurroundedByZulus
    Free Member

Is it a wf or an ouph in bowfing?

fadda

ooh, ooh – I just ordered a frame!

bad luck on the injury, mate – hope it gets better quickly, the bike looks fantastic!

buzz-lightyear
    Free Member

Curse of the Carbon 456

jamesgarbett
    Free Member

Mine has been a nightmare to build so far…

DrDomRob
    Free Member

’tis the left….. thank the lord for that!!!!

At least mines not a recurring injury though, that must proper suck 🙁

I haven’t done the graphics on mine, may make up some of my own in a sort of “Christine” of Steven King fame tribute….

Can’t make it any fuglier!!!!!!!!!!! That said, your green is kinda retro cool.

neilnevill
    Free Member

I share your pain.

ti 456 with coil u-turn lyrics, thomson post, ti bars, goldtec draco/719 wheels….new biuld a couple of weeks ago.

Not ridden it yet.

Not ridden, or done anything actually, for 3 months. 8m fall when rock climbing and an impressively sprained ankle being the cause of my lay off. Finally GP has referred me to Orthopeadics, now waiting for an appointment. Would really like to get back to riding or climbing :o/

BigBoyXC
    Free Member

whats the prob with yours James, I have done 2 in the past 3 weeks, pick my brains if I can help at all – e-mail in profile.

Looks like 456 = painful lay offs!

Sorry to hear about the fall Neil, not nice.

jamesgarbett
    Free Member

First I couldn’t get the wheel in the dropout, On One sent another but that’s no better so I had to get the file out

Then the BB wouldn’t go in and now I’ve had the threads chased which will hopefully fix it but not before a Hope BB is ruined

I just hope I don’t have to have the threads cut otherwise that could be a ruined frame…

BigBoyXC
    Free Member

Mate that’s bad luck. Both of my frames have been fine. Have you seen if on-one will help. Normally pretty good.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

The topic ‘Definition of frustration………….. (warning 456 content!!)’ is closed to new replies.