Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Definitely not another Van thread (not transit connect)
  • jaffejoffer
    Free Member

I’ve been after a run around come bike van for ages but keep putting it off as it’s a bit unjustified. Anyway I’ve got first refusal on a transit connect 07 plate, done 110k. I know the guy and he’s treated like a rolls royce since new. It’s immaculate.
    It has now transpired that I have to drive to Hampshire and back once week for work which is presenting the perfect excuse. Before I pull the trigger, has anyone done this sort of mileage in one on a regular basis? How does it perform and how comfortable is it, will it make it etc?? Ta

jaffejoffer
    Free Member

To buy or not to buy? Pleeease advise

simons_nicolai-uk
    Free Member

We’ve no idea how far Hampshire is from where you live.

jaffejoffer
    Free Member

Ha good point. I’m in Manchester.

Inbred456
    Free Member

Wouldn’t touch a connect at that milage. I’d be after a Scudo with less miles with the JTD engine.

jaffejoffer
    Free Member

May be better with a 2nd hand estate or something? Always liked the V50’s

steveh

vans are as good as most cars for long journeys sometimes they need a little insulation to keep the noise down a bit but that’s about it. I’d focus more on what else you’ll do with the vehicle – if you want to lug bikes and stuff around the place then they are much easier than a car, no worrying about damaging the interior etc and can be hosed out when dirty.
    I’ve had vans of various sorts for a few years now and wouldn’t want to be without now!
    Specifically for the connect check if it’s the tdci or tddi engine.The former is more modern, more powerful and less noisy but also a lot less reliable than the old tddi lumps ford have been using since the days of the sierra.

hora
    Free Member

Why do you need a van? For your business?

Two carry your bike twice a week? Pointless thing as a private vehicle at THAT size, noisy, cold, can only carry 2 people, at somepoint someone here in Manchester will easily force your rear lock to see whats in the back.

You pop an airbed in my mpv and sleep in it. In a Connect?

breadcrumb

I was about to buy a Connect but the trader sold it to someone else at the last minute.

Kinda glad really, if only for the fact the passenger seat was one of the folding jobbies that is notoriously uncomfortable.

I’m kinda leaning towards bit old estate at the minute, a van does appeal as a kinda of camper/day van though.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Definitely not another Van thread (not transit connect)’ is closed to new replies.