Viewing 7 posts - 41 through 47 (of 47 total)
  • Defence secretary vs Medal of Honour
  • ditch_jockey
    Free Member

Has it not registered with Liam and his buddies that games have had middle-eastern terrorists in them since at least the first Counter Strike.

Of course, stuff like Call of Duty is an 18 cert, so kids shouldn't be playing it anyway, although a brief foray online suggests that either a lot of parents ignore age ratings, or there are a lot of young adult males in the midlands who's voices haven't broken yet…

TatWink
    Free Member

The real talking point is will this game break my addiction of COD MW2???

HeathenWoods
    Free Member

When they do Civil War re-enactments in the US, are all the people who play the Confederates secretly wishing that the South can rise again and topple the govt in DC? No.

Hmm. Wish I could agree with you there. Probably not, "all," anyway… 😉

I think one of my favourite commentaries on computer games was Gillian Skirrow's, 'Hellivision' (iirc), which used Kleinian psychoanalysis that young men's attraction to video games was linked to entering a fantasy womb behind the screen in which they battled symbolic phalluses on their way to an inescapable confrontation with the mother's castrating vagina. Or something like that. Life's a riot with Kleinian psychoanalysis 🙂

God knows what the Taliban's beards might signify.

molgrips
    Free Member

Lol.. I think I want to play that game 🙂

konabunny
    Free Member

When they do Civil War re-enactments in the US, are all the people who play the Confederates secretly wishing that the South can rise again and topple the govt in DC? No.

No but I bet there's a fairly loopy proportion who do.

ditch_jockey
    Free Member

battled symbolic phalluses

To be fair, there are a lot of cocks online, so you can understand her confusion.

stanfree
    Free Member

How does this differ from Modern warfare team deathmatch where you can play as Iraqi's fighting marines. Unless they actually have levels where you have to plant I.E.D's I cant see much of a problem.

Viewing 7 posts - 41 through 47 (of 47 total)

The topic ‘Defence secretary vs Medal of Honour’ is closed to new replies.