Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)
  • Deeside way – carpet tacks . Really?
  • trail_rat
    Free Member

Just had an email warning of carpet tacks on the deeside way – know some of you use it for commuting so beware

But really – wtf . Some people really do want their cake and eat it. Its a shared use path suck it up.

I guess they are upset at having to have spatial awarness and cant listen to headphones with their dogs on extendomatic leads without caring.

Knobbers

metalheart
    Free Member

Ha, I walk this a fair bit. The speed some people go past on a shared path (and often two up) I’m actually not surprised.

If you want to travel at 20 mph then the road is more appropriate place. There’s even a cycle lane on it FFS!

One guy just about ran into me (I was dodging through the horse shit) the other day, he was on his freaking tri-bars…

Knobbers….

😛

trail_rat
    Free Member

This is going to be a bone of contention but that occasional cycle lane on northdeeside road is laughable.

Only time ive ever been knocked down was on that road. Too many junctions on and off it , the car that hit me was turning right across the road and i was lit up like a chrismas tree.

I do how ever always slow down when there are people. As for 2 up – if walkers and runners can go 2 up – and never look behind them – well ….. If its good for the goose its good for the gander.

metalheart
    Free Member

Yeah it’s a nightmare. My mate got knocked off at the junction past the tescos in cults. Some old wife pulled out into him and sent him flying.

Aye the runners are as bad. What pisses me off is when you’ve got two or three folk abreast coming towards you (running or on bikes) and the don’t move…. Where do you think I’m going? Off the path? Not a chance mate…

And I’m not sure what is worse, them long extendable leads or no lead at all….

And there’s there’s all that horse shite too….

KNOBBERS!

:mrgreen:

trail_rat
    Free Member

Ach horse shites no poisonous – how ever theres plenty dog egg about.

Id rather no lead than an extendo lead

project
    Free Member

Just had an email warning of carpet tacks on the deeside way – know some of you use it for commuting so beware

which deside way there are a few, the etape cymru somebody chucked tacks on the road on sunday caused a few punctures, one for a marshals motorbike

trail_rat
    Free Member

The one in wales next to where i live of course.

yorlin
    Free Member

Ah that makes sense – there are a few bits of the aberdeenshire deeside ‘way’ that are uncycleable.. 👿

bruneep

B@stard so I didnt get you!

I’ll get you one day…..

trail_rat
    Free Member

Which bits yorlin ? Ive cycled most of it at one point or another . Albe it mostly on a cross bike

rhyswilliams3
    Free Member

Cheers for the heads up, good to hear from someone else in the area

matther01
    Free Member

My kids are learning to ride there…Will not be impressed if they have to walk back with their dear old nan 👿

fasthaggis

Has there been an epic location fail or is there a cunning Facebook conspiricy plan ,to get carpet tacks spread over anywhere called Deeside ?
    Groups of OAPs on high speed motorbikes ,blasting between Wales and Scotland,pockets full of carpet tacks. 😆

trail_rat
    Free Member

Nah just me being a ****.

I live on the deeside railway line aberdeen.

Tacks were at holborn road end.

yorlin
    Free Member

Ah, me and a friend went along it last summer (touring) and got mired down in mud on the steep bits and scared to death on the road bits! One car swooped round us at 60+mph and scraped it’s wing mirrors down an on-coming car going about 80 I think.. 😯 After Dinnet it’s great though!
    I camped out in the stone circle in Torphins 😆

Oh reminded of
    http://www.bikeradar.com/news/article/updated-man-arrested-in-etape-caledonia-sabotage-21678/

One of the commenters is ‘Pin Laden’ 😕

trail_rat
    Free Member

more tacks this morning

ferryhill area.

someones upset.

i got abuse last week for “traveling too fast” when infact i was doing less than 15mph following an electric bike – we then slowed down to pass the folks walking towards us. what speed would they prefer we did ? walking pace ? , kinda takes the point out of cycling rather doesnt it ?

klunky
    Free Member

Trail rat – I mailed most of the clubs to warn them. We were out the door at work with commuters getting punctures repaired. All had carpet tacks stuck in them. I called the council who were going to drive a sweeper machine up to clear it.

I didn’t think it was worth bothering the police about it but if its happening again im not so sure. I cant see what they could/would do though.

For all the dogs that get walked there it seems a pretty horrible thing to do though.

I have heard of some commuters riding strava style along it which is probably what caused this to happen though.

trail_rat
    Free Member

they do – ive experianced that. there are segments created along it(not by me) which those feckers will never get ……

i rode home from the pub one night and took them all when it was entirely empty.

i may how ever report them all to stop it happening.

i always slow down for people as its just not worth the grief you would get otherwise.

The ACF are asking folk who have had punctures from the tacks to report to the ferryhill and torry division.

Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)

The topic ‘Deeside way – carpet tacks . Really?’ is closed to new replies.