Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Deers Leap Park
  • goby

Hi, any update on this since the management take over last year?

Bazz

Are you referring to Deers leap park in East Grinstead? If so, for the time being at least, i’d give it a miss. I took one of my daughters there in the driest part of what we called summer last year and it was utterly water logged, it has not exactly been dry since either.

If your looking for trails in that area though i’d steer you towards Tilgate forest, which is only down the road and is better drained and has more interesting trails.

I’d happily show you around there if your not familiar with it, although i work shifts and do most of my rides mid-week. My e mail is in my profile if you want to get in touch or you could try the forum over at sussex-muddy@rse, theres a group that ride most wednesday evenings and weekends.

All that said if DLP does dry out properly then i’ll be back this summer as it is a good place to take the kids.

goby

Ah ok that’s fair enough, will give it a miss then. Yeah I have been meaning to go into tilgate and have a look around as I work in crawley. Maybe when the evenings are lighter and I can get a pass for the evening I will come find you all. What sort of riding is there in tilgate then?

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    belugabob
    Free Member

If DLP is wetter than Tilgate, it must require a snorkel 😉

We used to ride Tilgate most Wednesday evenings, but have lapsed somewhat, over the winter. We’re trying to get started up again, so keep your eye on the Muddy@rse forum for notifications.

Bazz

Bob, it was proper awful back in August and like i say it’s not been dry since, the worst part was at the bottom of the valley in the woods, completely saturated and loads of mossies, not the best introduction to mtbing for a 8 year old.

I must try and get out with the muddy@rse lot as well, it has been far to long, my shifts really were awful last year, conflicted with every bike event i wanted to do, especially the monthly club rides.

mikey74
    Free Member

Stay well clear of Deers Leap Park: It is an absolute quagmire. I went running around there fairly recently and it was ridiculously wet/muddy.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Deers Leap Park’ is closed to new replies.