Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Deers Leap, Sussex – Any good? Any pointers?
  • nedrapier

Morning All,

I’m off camping near there for a friends birthday ni a couple of weekend’s time and there’s talk of taking the bikes and headnig to Deers Leap.

What’s it like there? From what I’ve seen on t’web so far, it seem to be a mainly surfaced, family freindly pootling.

Where should we head to find the good stuff? (either at deers leap or elsewhere nearby!)

Cheers,

Ed

leggyblonde
    Free Member

the only ‘shore

It wasn’t very good this time last year. Small with not much singletrack. Can’t see that they’ve done a lot since but maybe I’m wrong!

mikey74
    Free Member

Avoid at all costs when it is wet as large parts become unrideable.

It is more of an xc race course and therefore quite good for doing many laps. They have also built some North Shore bits there that add a bit more interest each lap. There are a few short sections of singletrack and a few relatively steep bumps to get up, plus a few small sections of woodland that are fun, but not technically challenging.

Otherwise, there is nothing outside of Deersleap in this area, unless you head over to Tilgate Forest in Crawley.

Bridleways are few and far between and tend to be very dull, but probably okay for family pootling.

Welcome to the domain of the walker and horserider – no one else gets a look in.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

The topic ‘Deers Leap, Sussex – Any good? Any pointers?’ is closed to new replies.