Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • deep water and impassible trails…
  • xcretro
    Free Member

been out twice this week and with all the floods a lot of riverside trails are flooded and as I am kinda stubborn I think I;ll ride through that! erll kind of thinking that the water I rosde through for 10 minutes yesterday which came up to the top of my wheels didnt do my lovely bike any good! need to stay away from the flooded areas if I want my bearings to last i think. there are also several obstacles to surpass on the way too, its like the krypton factor on a bike! lol. I almost thought I saw Gordon Burns whilst out too ;0)

kayak23

A river crossing in Warwickshire couple of weeks back. River Itchen, well above it’s banks.
    Normally you come caning it into this section after a good fast downward blast and drop in to a kicker for some sick air……not this day.
    The little river footbridge is just about visible in centre.

xcretro
    Free Member

its deceiving isnt it. the water doesnt look that deep untill your front wheel dissapears lol.

on a side note just noticed as i gently dropped my back wheel on the dinind room floor that the top frame suspension pivot feel as little loose, make a kind of rattle when the rear of bike dropped gently, tried tightenoing the bols but they seem to be tight, would that suggest the bushings are worn? or does it need that slight play?

stumpyjumper
    Free Member

Xc you need to replace your shock bushings. Any decent shop should them for under £15 or you can get the bushings and tool from eBay for under£20.
    Easy job to do your self

xcretro
    Free Member

cheers stumpy 🙂

njee20
    Free Member

I’ve been through some stupid puddles on the road bike this winter, there’s a grim satisfaction to ploughing through as the cars are all turning and retreating!

And yes, shock bushes. My Fuel ate them.

cinnamon_girl

River Itchen in Warwickshire?

Oooooh, you learn something every day! There’s one in Hampshire too.

jekkyl

We were cacking ourselves laughing the other week as we started going through a deceptively large puddle. First it’s over your shoes at the bottom of the down stroke then over your BB, ‘oh shit’ says my mate laughing. Uh oh no choice but keep going.

breadcrumb

I’ve a new route to work now and was surprised to find it flooded. Sod it I thought, and set of through it was soon over my wheels, at which point I tried to wade through until the current tried to wash away my bike!

I promptly turned round and found an alternative route to work.

Looks like I’ll be giving the Langster some TLC this weekend.

stuey
    Free Member

‘hand-weighed’ my bike the other night – felt a bit ‘sloshy’- flipped over and got a load of water out of the seat tube and the down tube bottle bolts – better check my bb for rust 😳

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘deep water and impassible trails…’ is closed to new replies.