Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Deep Joy.
  • crossland
    Free Member

Nice strong antibiotics to combat the abscess on the right hand top side of my jaw, no beer and i feel like sh1t. Then even more joy with a trip back to the dentist in 4 weeks to have a new filling.

samuri
    Free Member

That ache is horrible, no?

I have the following lovely procedure waiting for me in August. They’re going to cut into my gum high up and shave the top off one of my teeth, clean it all up a bit and then pack it out with straw before stitching it back up again. Dentists said 50:50 chance we can save the tooth.

“I’m not going to lie to you” he said, “you’re going to feel like you’ve been in a pretty nasty fight afterwards.”

“And your face will swell up like a football.”

Great.

chakaping
    Free Member

My GP said the “no drink on antibiotics” thing was a myth.

She may have just been trying to kill me though.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    Cougar

Depends which antibiotic.

samuri
    Free Member

I thought that drinking just made them less effective….

Harry_the_Spider

Ooof. Not nice.

The physio who did my knackered knee once introduced a colleague as “a pervert who is going to hurt you.” 😯

He did.

cheburashka
    Free Member

That ache is horrible, no? I have the following lovely procedure waiting for me in August. They’re going to cut into my gum high up and shave the top off one of my teeth, clean it all up a bit and then pack it out with straw before stitching it back up again. Dentists said 50:50 chance we can save the tooth. “I’m not going to lie to you” he said, “you’re going to feel like you’ve been in a pretty nasty fight afterwards.” “And your face will swell up like a football.” Great.

Apicoectomy(sp)? It would have to be a small world but I hope you get the lovely Indian lady surgeon who performed mine – completely painless, needed no painkillers afterwards. I may be lucky.

Cougar

I thought that drinking just made them less effective….

no, won’t affect efficacy. As a rule of thumb, you’ll be fine with things that end in -cillin such as Amoxycillin, but very ill if you mix alcohol with stuff like Metranidazole or others that end -azole.

There are others too but they’re the common ones. And of course, always read the advice label before listening to geeks on a Web forum.

samuri
    Free Member

Apicoectomy(sp)? It would have to be a small world but I hope you get the lovely Indian lady surgeon who performed mine – completely painless, needed no painkillers afterwards. I may be lucky.

Already met mine. Big fat white bloke.

crossland
    Free Member

aye, I was threatened with an apicectomy(?)on one of the front ones, last anti b, some brufen and then bed, the dentist, the pharmacist and the contraindications all say avoid alcohol, if beer reduces there efficacy, i’ll leave the beer and get rid of the abscess…
    edit to post, the a/bs are 400mg Metronidazole,i’ll leave the beer

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

Likely to be metronidazole – acts like antabuse if you drink. Pukey pukey

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘Deep Joy.’ is closed to new replies.