Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Deep fried cream eggs
  • ohnohesback
    Free Member

Apparently it is possible to batter a cream egg in the same way as deep frying a mars bar. I wonder how it is that they don’t completely melt during cooking? Either the batter insulates them or they’re not heated for long enough to melt.

scotroutes

Freeze the eggs for a while before battering?

Murray

That’s the whole point of battered fish. The batter is a poor conductor allowing the fish to steam. Battered sausages are the weird idea.

_tom_
    Free Member

Battered sausages are the delicious idea.

fixed..

dudeofdoom

We don’t do cream eggs in Brizzle anymore cos they shut down the factory to move it to Poland after saying this wouldn’t happen an they also had the audacity to change the choc from the milk tray to something nasty 🙂

slowoldman

It was bad enough shutting down the coal industry and importing from Poland, but cream eggs….????

ohnohesback
    Free Member

Cream eggs appear to shrink every year. I gave up on Cadburys’ ‘chocolate’ many years go.

whatnobeer
    Free Member

My old local chippie wouldn’t deep fry cream eggs in case they exploded :s

andywoods
    Free Member

ohnohesback – Member
    Cream eggs appear to shrink every year
    ditto, thought it was just my bite was getting bigger,think all chocolate bars are the same

dudeofdoom

I miss the smell of the chocolate on my commute it was one of those weird things that you don’t notice till its gone 🙁

bearnecessities

My old local chippie wouldn’t deep fry cream eggs in case they exploded

Just use battery cage eggs.

Taxi!

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘Deep fried cream eggs’ is closed to new replies.