Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 105 total)
  • Deejay RIP
  • Drac

RIP chap thoughts with his family and friends.

Wasn’t sure I’d met him but looking at photos I think I may have, either way the comments I’ve seen on here and else sound like he was one of life’s good guys.

Junkyard
    Free Member

😥
    Still cannot believe …just cannot believe it

Will always remember trying to follow him down the high street boy could he ride both uphill and downhill – was never going to be near him uphill

What an utter **** tragedy

see you all at the dales memorial ride

Aye yoshimi I remeber the first ride out as well was obvious they were better and fitter than us but what lovely folk they were..just so sad

Singlespeed_Shep
    Free Member

Sad News

RIP

Bunnyhop

On our very first Northern Chapter ride, Dave was one of the first to come over and welcome us.
    Many above have said what a Gentleman he was, these words sum him up.
    It was a pleasure to ride with Dave, he gave me loads of tips and teased me about being an ‘older’ rider like himself.

Condolences to his family and close friends.

RIP DeeJay

Bunnyhop xx

lowey

Steve, I know its early days, but could you let us know about the funeral as I would like to pay my respects, unless its family only.

Cheers.

toss
    Free Member

GUTTED. 🙁

I met him just the once a few years ago on a STW ride round Rivvy – yet I remember him very well indeed. What a lovely guy he was…. Awesome rider too. I remember him riding UP Great Hill (& you just don’t even attempt THAT!).
    Its a sad day indeed. Condolences to his Family and Friends….

T

ton

a truly fantastic bloke, and a utter gent to boot.
    one of the nicest, most understanding and generous blokes i have had to privilege to meet and ride with.

RIP Deejay.

D0NK

Awesome rider too. I remember him riding UP Great Hill

I was riding along side him, chatting away, just riding the trail ahead of us, blissfully unaware we’d gone the wrong way, got to the end of the slabs turned around to see everyone about a mile back waving us to come back, oops – and me a local 🙄

jate
    Free Member

Dave was a real inspiration to all who rode with him.
    Was supposed to be riding with him yesterday, doing a route we’d been eyeing up for 6 months. We postponed as he didn’t want to take any risks with his treatment. Difficult to accept that now we never will do it together.
    RIP Dave

Junkyard
    Free Member

Steve, I know its early days, but could you let us know about the funeral as I would like to pay my respects, unless its family only.

Cheers

THIS as well or at least contribute to something for the funeral from us all

fatgit
    Free Member

Hi
    I’ll post up when I know more.
    Obviously it’ll depend on what the family want
    Thanks
    Steve

Drac

I hope no one minds but this is from a recent thread and posted by the man himself.

Panda by Dee P Jay, on Flickr

Jellybaby
    Free Member

Still cannot believe …just cannot believe it

Its going to take a long time for this to sink in. I’m devastated and would give anything for one last pasting up a huge hill to look up and see Dave fully rested, casually taking photos of the view and of my gurning face as i grind to a hault beside him. To add insult to my pain Dave then in his late 40s would ask me ,in my mid 20s, if i was ok to carry on 😯 …”Of course” i would gasp through gritted teeth. The thought of a hot brew and cakes at the end was always reward enough to go through any pain on one of his epics. I always said i would like to be like him when i grow up, a true inspiration. I have no doubt in my mind this master in the art of mountain biking is up there pedaling away. RIP Dave, i will miss you x

Capt.Kronos
    Free Member

Didn’t think I had met DeeJay, but he looks mighty familiar in those photographs – must have crossed paths a couple of times over the years (given I am in the Lakes this would seem likely).

Always enjoyed his posting and pictures though,

RIP Sir.

tinribz
    Free Member

Really sad, seemed a top bloke.

clareymorris

I just love this one of Dee Jay…….taken on one of the STW northern rides in 2010.

RIP 🙁

singlecrack
    Free Member

Sad sad news RIP Dave

simmy
    Free Member

I’ve not been on here long but Dave sounded like a top guy.

RIP and I will try to get on the ride.

Vortexracing

Sleep tight dave, and God bless.

We Will all miss you. A true gent if ever there was one.

izakimak
    Free Member

A very sad day.
    I don’t mind saying that i shed a tear earlier this morning after i saw Lowey’s picture’s. I was lucky enough to ride with him on quite a few occasions. He had an encylopedic knowledge of northern trails a bit like a talking os map, an ability to ride up and down hills with great ease and finesse, the eye to take a great picture, and the generosity to share his knowledge with others.

RIP Deejay
    Gone but not forgotten.

miketually
    Free Member

🙁

esselgruntfuttock
    Free Member

I’ve been pretty sad all day since I heard & as I said I only met Dave once. What does that say about him?

Happy day here….

Reeth ride 14.07.12 002 by jimmyg352, on Flickr

Dunno who that big lad is next to Dave though!!

jameston
    Free Member

I had the privilege of meeting him on a few rides with the northen chapter and he was a thoroughly nice chap and an excellent rider. RIP!!!
    Jamie.

lowey

DSC03495 by lowey.com, on Flickr

barnybiker
    Free Member

Everything everyone has said about Dave is so true. Steve, your words are perfect. I have been privileged to count Dave as my friend and ride with him for over 20 years. I still can’t believe what has happened. I will miss him terribly. Andrea.

Bunnyhop
    jock-muttley

bad ju ju 🙁

stayhigh

RIP Deejay, thoughts are with your family.

OmarLittle
    Free Member

Sad news, RIP

wagenwheel

RIP Dave…..

Friday night rides won’t be the same. 😥

clarkpm4242
    Free Member

Desparately sad.

RIP Dave.

Trampus
    Free Member

RIP, Deejay. 🙁

casper33
    Free Member

With sadness i post the funeral details for Dave’s last ride…

JOHNSON, Dave

David, aged 56 years, suddenly at home on April 21 of The Headlands, Darlington. Much loved husband of Sue, loving dad of Helen and Kathryn, future father-in-law of James Logan, beloved son of Margaret and Derek Johnson, dear brother of Andrea and will be sadly missed by all his family and many friends. Funeral Monday, 29 April. Would friends please meet for service in All Saints Church, Blackwell at 10.45am followed by cremation. Family flowers only please. Donations if desired may be sent for the Great North Air Ambulance Service c/o Whitehouse Funeral Service. 11 West Auckland Road, Darlington.

I have ridden with Dave for lots of years, he has been a true friend and an immense inspiration to me. Monday is going to be such a hard day for me as Dave’s friend and the funeral director who conducts his funeral.

casper33
    Free Member

We have decided to ride our bikes from the Church to the crematorium (approx 5-10mins)behind the hearse. Everyone is most welcome to take part. In life he was always in front of us on rides and on monday he will once again.

Funeral details and pictures

nbt

Thanks for sharing the details. I won’t be able to make it but will have a quiet moment of reflection in one of the meeting rooms at work

Worth sharing that bit again. DeeJay would have appreciated that

lowey

We have decided to ride our bikes from the Church to the crematorium (approx 5-10mins)behind the hearse.

What a great idea! Depending on how many I’m bringing in my car I’ll see if I can get the bikes in.

jools182
    Free Member

RIP Dave 🙁

mrsflash
    Free Member

So very sad to hear this news. Like many of you on here I met Dave on some STW northern chapter rides and he was, as everyone else has said, a great ride and all round lovely bloke. He will be very much missed.

Bunnyhop

casper33 – do you have a postcode for the ‘donations’ address please?

miketually
    Free Member

do you have a postcode for the ‘donations’ address please?

DL3 9EJ

Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 105 total)

The topic ‘Deejay RIP’ is closed to new replies.