Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Dedicated Sports Clinic & Diagnosis/Xray/MRI etc – anyone any experience?
  • roady_tony
    Free Member

hi all,

getting to the end of my tether waiting for physio/docs/referals/chiro/take-pain-killers/stretch/pilates/more phsyio merry go round with regard to a 6 month lower disc issue and nerve pain/sciatica and non riding, running and being on the couch!!!!!!!!!!

was wondering if anyone has ever been to, recommend, or heard of a PRIVATE PAID FOR dedicated sports clinic that you can call up, be seen, diagnosed and then go back for whatever it is you need, xray,mri,TENS machines, etc etc to find the problem.

any major city considered (manch/edin/london etc)

i remember seeing one in manchester about 8 years ago, but its not there any more , (or where i thought it was!) and when i google search i seem to get a whole bunch of results to wade through that are just physio clinics or chiro….

thanks if anyone can help! 🙂

wanmankylung
    Free Member

Try FASIC in Edinburgh.

hammyuk
    Free Member

Blue Frog are just outside London and I’ve known the guy for 20+yrs or wouldn’t consider recommending him.
    http://www.pleasemassage.me

Gary_M
    Free Member

I’ve used the Hampden national stadium sports clinic in Glasgow and they were very good. Got that free through my employer though.

back2basics
    Free Member

thanks i’ll give em a wee try!

roady_tony
    Free Member

Many thanks for the replies – i’ll keep searching for more local manchester ones and perhaps try these if i dont get anywhere

– glad someone else can use the info @back2b.

cheers

MrSmith
    Free Member

crystal palace sports injury clinic, think they changed their name to something else physio based but based under the stadium in crystal palace park.

Edit didn’t see the Manchester post. Good luck.

Davesport

Try FASIC in Edinburgh.

I won’t be going there again. Shonky knee diagnosed as arthritis within about 30 seconds. It’s only natural, you’re getting old and it’s to be expected ! Proper diagnosis via Xray & MRI later on at Spire revealed Patellar tendonitis & fat pad syndrome. Now fixed.

Sorry, I can’t recommend them.

mikewsmith
    Free Member

not exactly but through some subliminal advertising in the Syndicate vids all year
    http://www.harrisandross.co.uk/resources/we-can-rebuild-him-josh-bryceland-part-2/ Not all the imaging but dedicated sports rehab people are a good start

back2basics
    Free Member

@Davesport
    Spire – do you have to go into a yearly contract with them, or was it pay-as-you-go?

craig2002
    Free Member

Hi mate,

I’ve been battling with the same problem for the last few years, the only way I can control it is by training, specifically resistance training my core. A doctor suggested I try it after several epidural steroid injections, the theory being you strengthen the muscles around the problem to take pressure off your disc, it takes a few weeks to show any benefit so be patient, but it’s definitely worked for me and the cost of a gym membership is considerately better than the cost of medical professionals!!
    Good luck.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘Dedicated Sports Clinic & Diagnosis/Xray/MRI etc – anyone any experience?’ is closed to new replies.