Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Dedacciai single speed
  • drotos
    Free Member

I’ll get a Dedacciai Sykline 3.Zero 29er, as a kind of sponsorship. I’m thinking about use this frame az a single speed, too. Is it worth to hassle with eccenetric bottom bracket?

wwaswas

It’s a PF30 BB so well worth doing, I’d say.

adsh
    Free Member

Worth it just for the translation!

wwaswas

🙂

SKYLINE 3.ZERO is the inexorable ride to the extreme forests borders and the toughest off-road tracks; the compact head tube adopts a racing geometry in order to grant a torso-prone positioning on the top tube by decreasing the air resistance coefficient.

nemesis
    Free Member

The new 29” frame has a full carbon and compact rear stay in order to attack chicanes and fast off-road tracks. Carbon drop-outs which allow the double function through axle – 12×142 mm – or classic quick release – 5×135 mm – as the rider can easily change the rear wheel in every moment of the athletic preparation.

SKYLINE 3.ZERO is the inexorable ride to the extreme forests borders and the toughest off-road tracks; the compact head tube adopts a racing geometry in order to grant a torso-prone positioning on the top tube by decreasing the air resistance coefficient.

Rigid oversized top tube 1”1/8 – 1”1/2 for steep descents. The frame ensures great handling at the highest speed and even while attacking climbs where it’s important and priority to earn precious seconds to be on the top of the podium.

The frame SKYLINE 3.ZERO weighs only 1200 gr. on the painted M size, it’s also available in M and L size, the frame is well suitable for the Marathon and XC races. Interesting it’s the frame response in All mountain races.

Inner cable routing for the anterior and posterior derailleur in the top and right seat stay; this ensures a nice eye-catching and it allows the proper functionality of the gears during the muddy races. The rear disc brake cable is external on the top tube, far from the mud storage, and it goes onto the top tube and left seat stay in order to have a fast purging oil change.

The stress full areas of the frame, such as bottom bracket, head tube and seat cluster are engineered with A.W.P technology. Anti wrinkle Process is the method with which the internal carbon wall is moulded especially at the principals joints, interposing a silicone element between the air element and internal frame wall.

The frame is available with Dedacciai F-72 rigid fork 1”1/8 and 1”1/2, moreover frame only. The new design 3.ZERO is pure and essential which perfectly represents the Dedacciai style. The integrated carbon headset completes the mtb 29” kit. .

Well, I’m sold 🙂

drotos
    Free Member

But maybe a steel frame, with sliding dropout is much more practical, isn’t it? I haven’t read any lang-term review of carbon single speed hardtail frames. On the other hand… the Skyline SS would be stupidb light. 🙂

benji
    Free Member

Ran an excentric bottom bracket all cross season in my Niner RLT and no problems, couple of adjustments, but worked very well. No more hassle than my sliding dropouts on my Pace RC129.

wwaswas

I haven’t read any lang-term review of carbon single speed hardtail frames.

I ran a Carbon On-one 456 singlespeed for a while – it was really nice, so light.

I didn’t die.

drotos
    Free Member

… and which eccentric bottom bracket should I choose? Beer? Wheels mfg? Problem Solvers? Origin8? Niner EBBs are designed for Niner frames only?

drotos
    Free Member

Any suggestion about EBBs?

singlesteed
    Free Member

drotos – Member
    … and which eccentric bottom bracket should I choose? Beer? Wheels mfg? Problem Solvers? Origin8? Niner EBBs are designed for Niner frames only?
    POSTED 1 DAY AGO # REPORT-POST

This would be interesting to know if Niner eccentric BB fits other Pressfit 30 frames?

benji
    Free Member

The niner pf30 would fit all pf30 frames. Been using a problem solvers all year on a niner cross bike with no problems, and that’s a pf30 shell.

The wheels manufacturing one is the better price option, but haven’t personality tried one.

ds3000
    Free Member

The phil wood that came on my Swift hasn’t missed a beat for going on 4 years now. Would recommend.

drotos
    Free Member

I’m looging for PF30 eccentric bottom brackets. I think Phil Wood is not compatible…

2tyred

I went for a BeerComponents one on my SS CX bike, for a BB30 shell.

You only need a lockring tool and a hex key to fit and adjust. The Phil Wood needs a special tool, one of the other contenders did too, can’t remember which. Too early to comment on longevity, all good so far.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

The topic ‘Dedacciai single speed’ is closed to new replies.