Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • DECT phone that either has a mega long no of rings or doesn't go to answer fone
  • toys19
    Free Member

I am royally fed up with my dect walk around fones, they all end up in the same place, at the bottom of of our four story house and I cannot set a longer number of rings than 6 before it goes to answerfone. The previous ones weres just as irritating. So any recs for a 3 or 4 handset bundle which I can turn off the answerfone or set for a mega no of rings?

Buy one without an answerphone.

HTH

toys19
    Free Member

TheArtistFormerlyKnownAsSTR – Member

Buy one without an answerphone.

HTH

D’ya know what, thats a damn good idea.

coffeeking
    Free Member

There must be a facility to turn off the answerphone completely None of ours have been always-on?

Or teach the family not to remove phones from a floor 🙂

toys19
    Free Member

There must be a facility to turn off the answerphone completely None of ours have been always-on?

you would think so wouldnt you, but both sets I have had automatically go to answer fone after so many rings, cannot turn it off.

cynic-al
    Free Member

Sounds like your butler needs a gym membership for Xmas 😛

toys19
    Free Member

Sounds like your butler needs a gym membership for Xmas

Needs to be before that otherwise I’m going to give him another thrashing.

spooky_b329

Get a couple of walkabouts, and a couple of corded phones that can’t be removed from say the 2nd and 4th floors.

chrissyboy
    Free Member

Siemens Gigaset ftw. Has an answerphone, but you can turn it off. Not too expensive either. We got the triple pack last year for less than £70 from Comet or Currys or similar. Best DECT we’ve had so far.

toys19
    Free Member

Ahh a recommendation, thanks Chrissyboy I’ll hunt for that one.

Get a couple of walkabouts, and a couple of corded phones that can’t be removed from say the 2nd and 4th floors.

Tried this, but the answer fone will kick in and answer it, whereupon a large percentage of callers will hang up and I arrive seconds later ready to kill some pillock hardware programmer.

Anyway I appreciate the life coaching but the point of technology is to make it work for you rather that you work for it…

toys19
    Free Member

Chrissy boy a gigaset is on its way to em. Thanks for the rec. I downloaded the usermanual first and it’s clear that I can turn it off or leave it ringing for 30 seconds and have answerfone. Happy days.

treaclesponge
    Free Member

This wont go to answerphone or end up downstairs…

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘DECT phone that either has a mega long no of rings or doesn't go to answer fone’ is closed to new replies.