Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Decorating Tips
  • Avocado
    Free Member

OK, so I’ve got a weekend of decorating ahead of me, 1 house, 1 flat and 1 kitchen. I’ve got 30 litres of magnolia, 20 litres of white and 5 litres of satinwood, not to mention a multitude of brushes, rollers etc.

Done a fair bit of decorating in the past, but it’s one of those things that a little knowledge can make a lot easier, so come on chaps, share those indispensible decorating tips.

[starts ball rolling]

Keep a roll of cling film and tin foil with you – wrap your brushes/rollers in cling film instead of cleaning them at the end of every session – my ‘white’ roller and cutting-in brush stays wrapped up permanently.

Line your paint tray with tin foil to save having to wash it out after use.

[/starts ball rolling]

cynic-al
    Free Member

you’re going to need more than tips to do that much painting in a weekend.

My tip – get some mates round and pay with pizza and beers.

Also – buy decent paint. Saves time.

Avocado
    Free Member

Forgot to mention, I’ve already been at it for 2 weeks and I suspect it’s going to take a few more!!!

You’re right about the paint, I’ve been using Glidden Trade which I think is spot on.

TheFunkyMonkey
    Free Member

Not sure where you are,but I’ve been using paintmaster emulsion for the last year or so. They do vynal and plain for new plaster. Its £15 for 20 litres and its the buisness, basically re-branded dulux. Excellent coverage, even over strong colours and stains.
    I get it direct from stockport, one near hayfield too I think.

Avocado
    Free Member

Sounds similar to the Glidden – it’s made by ICI and is apparently their main brand in the states. Pesonally, I think it covers better than Dulux – it’s a bit less jelly-like and seems to load the roller better.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘Decorating Tips’ is closed to new replies.