Viewing 8 posts - 41 through 48 (of 48 total)
  • Deconstructed coffee..
  • captainsasquatch
    Free Member

But not a Jambafact! I don’t know who to believe. 🙁

mikewsmith
    Free Member

From the owner of the Cafe

Lisa Wearmouth, who manages the cafe that served Ms Rizvi’s coffee, said she came up with the idea as a response to Melbourne’s notorious “coffee snobs”.

Deconstructed coffee at Abbotsford cafe
    PHOTO: The cafe says the drink helps cater to picky coffee drinkers. (Supplied)
    “It’s a thing for picky drinkers,” she said.

“When you get someone that comes in and orders a long black with milk on the side, generally they wanted a long macchiato — but they want to choose how much milk they want to put in that coffee.

“If we just put it all on the table, they can choose what they want and make it how they want to.

“I don’t think it’s got anything to do with being a hipster. We have beakers around the store with aloe vera plants in them. Using the beakers is part of the concept of the store.”

Ms Wearmouth said the response from customers had been overwhelmingly positive.

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2016-06-02/deconstructed-coffees-for-snobs-not-hipsters-cafe-manager/7470080

I think most Brits would get a shock if they made it down to Melbourne, the food, coffee and service puts the UK to shame in a lot of ways. Add in some original thinking and there is a reason it’s so popular.

nickc

but they want to choose how much milk they want to put in that coffee.

hmmm, I’ve asked coffee shops to “leave some space for milk” and for most of them that means a couple of mm from the top of a half pint of boiling water…

I quite like the idea TBH

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    DrJ

I think most Brits would get a shock if they made it down to Melbourne, the food, coffee and service puts the UK to shame in a lot of ways

Surely Brits are quite used to finding superior food, coffee and service as soon as they leave the country?

ransos
    Free Member

I think most Brits would get a shock if they made it down to Melbourne, the food, coffee and service puts the UK to shame in a lot of ways. Add in some original thinking and there is a reason it’s so popular.

Not forgetting the racism, sexism and extortionate prices.

MoreCashThanDash

If ever a thread deserved the “No Hipsters” sign that I cannot get working from my sodding phone.

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

mikewsmith
    Free Member

Not forgetting the racism, sexism and extortionate prices.

Reading the EU thread I don’t find it that racist over here… or the PC Gawn mad one about the chinese commercial

TBH I find most of Melbourne great value for money though earning Oz $ probably helps

Viewing 8 posts - 41 through 48 (of 48 total)

The topic ‘Deconstructed coffee..’ is closed to new replies.