Viewing 7 posts - 41 through 47 (of 47 total)
  • Declaring freebies from work.
  • dannyh
    Free Member

MTB-Idle – Member
    It will soon be Christmas. When the Deputy Head is piling all those bottles of wine, whiskey & boxes of chocolates that the kids/parents have given him into his car take the opportunity to remind him that he should be declaring that…

Take photos to make him feel more uncomfortable.

POSTED 1 MINUTE AGO # REPORT-POST

Precisely this. It is this kind of pedantic nitpicking that initiates a witch hunt for every conceivable example where someone might be perceived as getting a benefit they should be taxed on. Thus taking away focus from stuff like, er, teaching kids.

This is why most tax offices are pretty pragmatic about stuff like this and their aim is, generally, not to make tax admin so onerous that it precludes people from actually doing their jobs. They’re just not allowed to advertise that bit.

wrightyson
    Free Member

Jeez I’d be sacked a very long time ago if I worked in those rubbish circumstances. Works van for bike duties for starters 😯

martinhutch

initiates a witch hunt

Hmmm…class project on methods of witch execution in 17th Century Britain? Every student should provide something which could be used to start an execution bonfire. Which you will evaluate and mark at home.

I’ll leave it up to the OP how he addresses the practical on hanging, drawing and quartering.

When the Deputy Head is piling all those bottles of wine, whiskey & boxes of chocolates that the kids/parents have given him into his car take the opportunity to remind him that he should be declaring that

He doesn’t really sound like the kind of Deputy Head who would be popular enough to get that many taxable benefits, TBH.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    dannyh
    Free Member

Yeah, it’s the classic new punk trying to make a name for themselves by invoking irrelevant and pedantic shite rather than cracking on and learning the ropes.

As before, petty crap like this just diverts people away from what they should be doing and ties them up in unnecessary bureaucratic knots. The tax office won’t give a shit. Does anyone really think that a civil service department that has been crucified by the Tories would even entertain trying to value this benefit so it could be taxed? It would cost them more in man hours than they would take – hence the definition of ‘trivial’.

What the OP should do is say to the jobsworth (or even better go over their head to the headmaster) “I agree, every potential benefit in kind received by any member of staff here has to go into a raffle, no exceptions, so every cake baked, every box of chocolates received has to go in. Mr/Mrs/Miss/Ms X clearly has a background in personal taxation, so I recommend they administer it”.

If idiots want to create unnecessary work, they should bear all of the burden. Otherwise they should shut the **** up and get on with the job they are actually paid for – teaching kids, safeguarding kids etc.

duckman

Wow; this one has run and run! Thanks for the answers folk; they fairly cheered me up.Especially as I was worried about the tub of celebrations a kid handed in for taking them to Poland in June. We destroyed the evidence but I may have to try and get in over the weekend to get the tub out the school just in case…

FunkyDunc
    Free Member

Tax aside, it’s not great wood to be burning (I assume all softwood?)

duckman

I just use it for Kindling Dunc,so % wise it is really small.

Viewing 7 posts - 41 through 47 (of 47 total)

The topic ‘Declaring freebies from work.’ is closed to new replies.