Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Deciphering the marketing; what's the best Castelli S/S top?
  • Kryton57

RFS? Prologo? What?

crikey
    Free Member

Depends what you want, full zip, half zip, Gabba etc.,

Kryton57

A short sleeved summer top. Not bothered about the zips, prefer 3 pockets, and Castelli red. I had an RFS before but the zip broke and Castelli have sent me a cheque to buy a replacement.

🙂

crikey
    Free Member

Fill yer boots, any of them are good kit!

Kryton57

I have been tipped off to get the Gabba WS Long sleeve. Great for winter, not sure I like the flouro and I just bought and Altura windproof so can’t really justify it. Plus I need a summer top for sportives (flouro is rubbish on camera 😉 )…

Bez

I’m a big fan of the GPM, it works for anything from blazing hot to surprisingly nippy. Admittedly, I’ve not tried any of the others, I bought a second GPM instead 🙂 YMMV, natch.

crikey
    Free Member

Ah now….

I’ve got the long sleeve and the short sleeve versions; both some of the best kit I own.

I’d get the short sleeve version because it’s more versatile, and buy some Nanoflex arm warmers to complete the kit. My top tip would be to get the best fit you can; the breathable bit works best with just a baselayer underneath and with the occasional wash in Tech wash. Stunning performance in the wet, I did the 3 Peaks in mine.

Kryton57

Crikey, are you talking about the GPM still? If I add £20 to the £80 I get from the RFS I can get the LS & SS for £100 from various sales.

I quite fancy the Fuga though.

THe L RFS was literally skin tight on me, so I was going XL with a view to allowing for a base layer

Kryton57

A bit sweaty in summer that ^^ Crikey?

crikey
    Free Member

Yes, sorry I thought you meant you were keen on any jersey. All of the standard Castelli jerseys will be fine, just pick the colour you want.

Go and have a look at the Castelli website http://castelli-cycling.com/en/home/

And see what you can find.

Kryton57

Damn, I’m being drawn to the better looking Fuga….

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘Deciphering the marketing; what's the best Castelli S/S top?’ is closed to new replies.