Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Decided to do the right thing.. ho hum…
  • molgrips
    Free Member

So I'm working away from home, and I've been driving down the M4 to stay in Bracknell 4 nights a week. I'm using the old car which is not in bad shape but it's old, and I've been worrying about the safety aspects.. after all the motorways round here are prety mental at rush hour.

So I was looking at new cars (see other thread) and I made the fatal mistake of going to dealers and test driving some. The new car drug started to work on me and I started calling around looking for loans, working out how I could make it work. The thing is though – the cars I wanted would basically take up all the spare money from this contract that I should be saving and using to pay off existing debts.

Then I realised that I really ought to be taking the train anyway, not driving. So I'm going to find a flat here where I can leave my bike and junk, and just come down on the train.

I still really really want the carm (you don't know how much), but I guess I have to wait… bugger…

dave_rudabar
    Free Member

yup, being skint sucks bum-holes!
    I'm trying to keep us as a 1-car household, worked out that it's basically ~£1k per year to own a car without going anywhere in it.

oddjob
    Free Member

Read the being jobless thread if you think it sucks not getting the new car!
    You might get to like the train, time to read, relax etc instead of getting stressed by the other tw#ts on the road

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

The topic ‘Decided to do the right thing.. ho hum…’ is closed to new replies.