Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Decent workstand for around £80 mark
  • SiB
    Free Member

Mother Sib….”what would you like for Christmas son?”
    Me…………”a bike workstand please’
    Mother Sib….”email me the link of the one you want”

So can anyone recommend a bike workstand for £80 – 100?

Anyone had experience, good or bad, of the wall mounted type?

Thanks

couldashouldawoulda
    Free Member
    thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

the ribble one is great,

http://www.ribblecycles.co.uk/sp/mtb-bmx-bike/bike-tool-aluminium-workstand/bikework200000000000

£50, but £80-£100 elswhere under different brands.

robbonzo
    Free Member

Hi Sib, Just picked up this from Ribble
    http://www.ribblecycles.co.uk/sp/road-track-bike/workstands-bike-tool-aluminium-workstand/bikework200000000000

Can be had for £55, and the photos really dont do it justice, its huge and the quality looks to be good. Lots of threads on here about it and has been reviewed on Bike radar too. and you’ll have some wonga left over for something else shiny.

Edit: doh!

IHN

Yep, +1 for the Ribble one. I’ve had one for years (branded differently, but same thing), it’s been faultless.

SiB
    Free Member

Ribble worksatnd it is then, thanks

TurnerGuy
    Free Member

stands like the ribble one aren’t that stable – ok if you put some sandbags over the legs when needed.

the legs on the park one look to spread out a bit more.

crashtestmonkey
    Free Member

the ribble one is sold re-badged by various sellers, I got the same thing from Edinburgh Cycle Co-op under their Revolution brand (theyre currently asking £70), IIRC Merlin had it recently and seen it sold by numerous others.

Its unstable as in flexible, but not as in falling over or dropping bikes. I’ve had mine for a couple of years and it gets used with lump of an Alpine 160 with no problems. I need a foldable/collapsible stand as I havent got room to permanently store one set up.

You can buy a magnetic tool/bits tray which appeals to the geek in me

http://www.edinburghbicycle.com/products/revolution-tune-up-magnetic-tool-tray-for-workstand

TurnerGuy
    Free Member

Its unstable as in flexible

I had the minoura RS5000, which seems to be the same stand, just a better clamp – and it was unstable.

take the front wheel off the bike and it would want to tip over at the slightest provocation.

I held the bike by the seatpost though, so maybe if you clamp the bike incorrectly then it would be OK.

I would still look at the Park myself.

mountainman

I know they are not available at moment but got mine from LIDL,excellent ,stable ,well made .
    Wait till they come round again,tend to repeat stuff year on year.

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

I dunno about unstable, mine holds my Pitch fine without wobbling.

stumpy01

Is the ribble one the same as the Merlin one? The photo of the one on the Merlin site looks to have more sprayed legs, but I suspect it is the same thing, just the camera angle.

ransos
    Free Member

+1 for the LIDL stand – it’s much more stable than the Minoura it replaced.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘Decent workstand for around £80 mark’ is closed to new replies.