Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Decent wind proof gazebo
  • large418
    Free Member

Having lost our gazebo to a strong breeze at the Relentless24, I am on the lookout for a shelter that can withstand reasonable wind, but doesn’t cost the earth.

Any recommendations? Have been looking at the Coleman shelters, but just not sure about their ease of putting up and strength.

matt_outandabout

What is reasonable wind?

IME, any big, tall, slab sided thing will struggle above F3-4.

Take a tip from the paddlers and pitch a tarp, according to wind, precipitation and sun direction…

trail_rat
    Free Member

we have had ours up in horrendous winds .

Propper weighs on the feet and the non opening sides. – keep the sides shut as much as possible , stop the wind getting up inside it and turning it inside out.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    sirromj

If Op’s gazebo was purchased in aldi it will easily buckle in stronger winds, weights won’t help. What brand is yours?

thesurfbus
    Free Member

Coleman Gazebos are pretty good in the wind and waterproof, but the sides don’t fit very well, and wind gets underneath them.
    A real Ezyup is pretty indestructable with the sides on.

DaveRambo

I’ve bought the basic Coleman shelter (2 in fact) and they are showerproof not waterproof. The walls are OK and if fitted properly to a well put up shelter are OK but not great.
    If you tie them down properly they will withstand more wind than most gazebo’s.

The limitations ment I ended up buying the deluxe shelter though. These are properly waterproof and the walls will zip to a groundsheet to make a very windproof (but not sealed) and waterproof shelter that you can sleep in if you wish.

They are more expensive for a reason but build quality is worth it if you’re going to use it a fair amount.

wrightyson
    Free Member

Coleman event shelter has now survived two ridiculously wet/windy at times ynot festivals on a near Buxton hillside. Up in ten minutes tops.

david47
    Free Member

There is a new coleman eventshelter out that is waterproof.
    I have the older one, it survived the last Mountain Mayhem storm (there are other storms available)…

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Decent wind proof gazebo’ is closed to new replies.