Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Decent waterproof/breathable riding trousers?
  • Hob-Nob
    Free Member

Is there anything out there?

Got some fairly rubbish old Endura & Altura examples, which are, quite frankly, rubbish.

I’d prefer something that’s fairly slim fit, and articulated, so they arn’t big & flappy in all the wrong places.

Happy to spend a bit of money on them, as they will get used most days over winter. What’s recommended?

qwerty
    Free Member

I like my Altura shields, but not been through a winter yet.

Gore AlpX is the next step up.

Hob-Nob
    Free Member

I had spotted the Gore ones – they look like the one to buy, anyone care to give some feedback? At nearly £200 it’s a lot to drop on some trousers (even if they will get a lot of use!)

ton

sportful

http://www.sportful.com/Root/Cycling/Tights/RAIN-STRETCH-PANT/p/110094514P

I have some of these I keep for best road touring duties. class bit of kit.

woody2000

For road or offroad?

I bought some Craft performance rain pants that had their first outing yesterday. I was impressed, more or less completely dry when I got to work – I say more or less as I’m always slightly damp with sweat anyway! Never felt sweaty or boil-in-the-bag. Quite slim fitting so no excess material flapping about, and come with braces for that extra “special” look 🙂

I’d say they were pretty road orientated, though they do have reinforced bits (backside mainly)

woody2000

And if you’re biggish, then start cycles have them in XXL for £35 (I got the last pair of medium I think!)

http://startcycles.co.uk/craft-performance-bike-rain-pant-cycling-overtrousers-1900685.html

Hob-Nob
    Free Member

They will be used for both – commuting in the winter on road, then when I ride at weekends & the weather is oh so beautiful, it warrants trousers.

I’d be a medium by the looks of the sizing guide, which is proving to be an issue, can’t find any stock of the Gore stuff.

gamerriley
    Free Member

I can’t comment on the Gore trousers, but I have the Gore Alp X coat and it is worth every penny. To ride on a freezing cold night and not feel the wind chill through that jacket, and is brilliant when it rains, so breathable. If the trousers are the same they will be very good indeed.

GregMay
    Free Member

Showers Pass pants here – pretty good, breathability is ok.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Decent waterproof/breathable riding trousers?’ is closed to new replies.