Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • Decent water bottles with muck caps?
  • midlifecrashes

Had a clarty ride at the weekend, and sipping from the bottles after pootling through farmyards was a bit iffy, followed by a couple of days of dysentery this week hence:

Any good ones that you can use one handed with gloves on, and not too brittle that they can be dropped occasionally. For standard cages. Cheers.

mikewsmith
    Free Member

Camelback Podiums? Best bottles anyway and then you have a cap to loose.

mrsfry
    Free Member

Just take the lid off and have a drink

midlifecrashes

I like the camelbak valve, but they still have the problem of cow/dog/horsemuck getting to the mouthpiece or nozzle before I put it in my mouth. I’m after a cap over the whole lot you can flick open before a slurp.

Maybe I should go to bike shops more, but I’ve only seen cheap brittle school lunchbox versions, rather than well thought out biking ones.

midlifecrashes

That’s what I’m after, cheers. I did look at CRC but didn’t look any further. Halfords has even got the Coke ones for a quid! Odd I’d not spotted them with lids before, I have a pair of scalatore printed ones in the cupboard from three or four years back.

mikewsmith
    Free Member

Camelback used to do a cap for the podium bottles

ferrals
    Free Member

I use the halfords own brand ones, easy enough to flick open the cap and drink while on the move, replacing thecover is a bit more tricky, I tend to put bottle back in cage and then clip cover on

MaryHinge
    Free Member

Camelbak Podium and get the cap to go with it.

NormalMan

I was looking for one like this when I got my fat bike, as they are much spreaders 😆

Spotted one from Raleigh on the reduced section in Tesco. Used it a few times and it seems up to the job. Think I paid £2. for it.

lunge

Get the Coke Elite Corsa, it’s a classic design and a nice bottle too. And it’s £1.
    http://www.halfords.com/cycling/bike-accessories/bike-water-bottles/elite-corsa-coca-cola-water-bottle-550ml

hammyuk
    Free Member

Decathlon’s Aptonia bottles cheap enough to almost throw away but have 4 here that are all over 3yrs old, used daily and only one cracked the hinge on the cap.

Or the insulated version is a little more but still way cheaper than most of the above.

househusband

At long last Camelbak appear to be coming out with a new Mud Cap to suit the new style of Podium bottle – of which I have several:

The older style Mud Cap would only fit the older, original Podium bottle:

fasthaggis

🙂

fooman

I’ve tried capped bottles but the lids usually end up breaking for me, so I end up unscrewing to drink.

I recently got one of these for my Camelbak though;

Big Bite Valve Cover

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)

The topic ‘Decent water bottles with muck caps?’ is closed to new replies.