Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)
  • Decent sub £100 front light?
  • chestrockwell

Hi all. As above really, does this exist? Looking for something that will properly light the trail and last at least a couple of hours, isn’t a lead weight and is reasonably robust. Oh, and is easily available as I might want it by Thursday!

Had planned to blag a Hope for my 40th but that’s a few weeks off and there’s the threat of a decent ride this week.

joemmo
    Free Member

Have a look at Magicshine. There’s a load of models and something should fit your budget. I’ve had one of the basic head and battery units for about 5 years and it’s still going strong.

Northwind

Yeah, my MJ872 is an absolute antique now but it still does the job very well- better than a lot of new lights in fact. Well made, and stepped away from the lumen wars and just went for a sensible number, a decent runtime and a fantastic beam.

I wouldn’t buy one now, there must be something better but still.

P20

Torchy on eBay always seems to have good feedback.
    Click linky

Akers

Torchy on eBay always seems to have good feedback.

Bought a Torchy BK 7 Endurance pack last month, been great so far…

flumewelck
    Free Member

Last week i had a magicshine 1000 lum 3.45hrs £66. from Bikelightsuk I was given an upgraded battery to get that runtime.

timidwheeler

Alpkit Hadron?

hambl90
    Free Member

+1 for torchy lights

chilled76
    Free Member

As for getting a Hope for your 40th.. look at Exposure, market leaders by a long way but expensive.

Yak

The mtb batteries lumenator is around £100. Hard to see past this and has decent uk back-up too. I am of the view that all lights go wrong at some point, so fast uk support is a must.

hodgynd
    Free Member

I’ve had an earlier version of this light for around 5 years..
    I also have an early Maxxd Exposure light.
    The Sanguan is my go to light ..but I use it helmet mounted with the Exposure on the bars.
    For £85 you will be hard pushed to get a better light ..
    https://www.thebikeplace.co.uk/online-shop/product/115-sanguan-sg-k20-rechargeable-led-light

Yetiman
    Free Member

Another +1 for Torchy. I bought a BK3 and BK500 last winter, and more recently I bought a BK7 and I’ve been really pleased with their performance. Good quality, decent light outputs and long burn times, and I paid less than £120 for all three which I think will turn out to be great vfm.

jayx2a
    Free Member

I just bought one from Chilli Technology through Facebook. Was £39.99 with bigger battery and 960 bright with one touch low beam.

It’s ace!

nedrapier

The mtb batteries lumenator is around £100. Hard to see past this and has decent uk back-up too.

It’s good, and Mark/smudge is quick if there are any issues.

The cable connection is solid and can be quite stiff, and if you’re not careful unplugging the unit from the battery, you can damage the connections inside the plug. Having done this twice now (and had them repaired quickly and cheaply by Mark) I’m very careful to pull them apart by the plugs rather than the cable.

nedrapier

I’m thinking about an Exposure bar light to get rid of the cable and battery strapping faff, but I quite like being able to tip the light down on road sections and I also swap between bikes, so that’s either a few extra £26 mounts, or mount faff rather than battery faff.

chestrockwell

Thanks all.

Kamakazie

I’m happy with my Wiz20 and I doubt there is anything better for the money as far as self contained units go.

drewd

I just bought one from Chilli Technology through Facebook. Was £39.99 with bigger battery and 960 bright with one touch low beam.

It’s ace!

I’ve seen these on Facebook but have no experience with them. I am torn between one of these or a torchy solar storm 2 style light. Anyone know how reliable the Chilli technology batteries and chargers are?

joebristol

One of the guys I go riding with has the mtb batteries lumenator and it’s a very small and neat unit on the handlebars that puts out a very decent amount of light. Pretty impressive.

I’ve now got 3 lights on the front for night riding – a Torchy bk 6ix on the bars, a brite-r duo 2 on the bars (but the bracket needed hosting to get it to stay firm / fit on 35mm bars and then a brite-r selector on the helmet. So much light tonride with and total cost only about £65.

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)

The topic ‘Decent sub £100 front light?’ is closed to new replies.