• This topic has 12 replies, 12 voices, and was last updated 13 years ago by yoda.
Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Decent small pump for road bike????
  • billyboy
    Free Member

I've finaly broken through to the other side and built up a cross bike for commuting. It has 700×28 Bonty Hardcase tyres on it which should be kept near 100psi. I want a smallish frame mounted pump for it.

The best I've tried so far is the longer of the smaller Bontrager pumps. It managed 80psi and seemed as if it would go higher. Can't find any in the shops now though.

The Blackburn Air Stick says it will go to 180psi, I managed 50psi.

Topeak Mountain Morph managed 60 psi but it's bigger than I'd want on the bike, the Mini Morph the same, the Pocket Rocket 50psi.

Any other recommendations gratefully recieved. Ta.

clubber
    Free Member

I have the non-co2 version of this and it gets my road tyres to 120psi

http://www.evanscycles.com/products/innovations/second-wind-road-inflator-pump-ec019084?query=innovations

J0N
    Free Member

Blackburn airstik
    nice high pressure and tiny size. Not the best head but does the job well enough.
    EDIT
    Sorry just read all your post again. only 50psi? I easily pump up to 120psi on the airstik SL. There is a 2stage one as well.

billyboy
    Free Member

The instructions on my Airstick say it should have a switch for low and high pressures. In reality it doesn't and 50psi is the best I can do!!!!!!!!!!

drofluf
    Free Member

Topeak Road Morphe, maybe not the smallest pump but gets up to pressure quickly and it has a gauge

Surf-Mat
    Free Member

Lezyne Road Drive – tiny, 102PSi and doesn't snap valve cores like push on pumps do (e.g. my carbon Airstik!)

rootes1

buy a trackpump and do the tyres once a week + top up at local shops if youpass them..

then quick little pump as a get you home though my leyzene road drive will do 100psi

alfabus
    Free Member

topeak road morph +1

It is actually easier to get 100psi using it than it is with my Joe Blow!

Dave

FuzzyWuzzy

Road Morph if you can carry it (doesn't fit great in a jersey pocket but I frame attach mine), the Lezyne road drive is a decent alternative for something that will fit in a pocket but still actually be able to inflate a tyre to a rideable pressure

speaker2animals

Specialized Airtool Road – the newer model is slightly shorter than mine and also does presta & schrader while mine does only presta. Which is fine by me. Brilliant. I can get it to give me about 90psi in a 700×23 and I find generally that I get about 1psi per pump. Brilliant pump. Fits on to a bottle cage mount and is only about 10-12mm diameter so disappears quite well on the bike if you are fussy about the look of your bike. Highly recommended.

titusrider
    Free Member

humm ive just strapped my topeak mtb pump to my road bike, is it not going to be up to the job?

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

Don't know how your struggling even my £2.99 frame fit zefal one makes 120psi?

yoda
    Free Member

airace pump roadI bought one of these from Chevin cycles last weekend when my oh so tiny lipstick sized pump died.

It works great and has a rubber hose that hides inside the main body so you dont snap your valves off.

pumped my road tyres back upto about 110 psi.(rock solid!)

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘Decent small pump for road bike????’ is closed to new replies.